Linux Engineer (NV1)
|Job Title:||Linux Engineer (NV1)|
|Contact Name:||Kate Kornsasi|
|Job Published:||October 27, 2020 14:21|
Skills and Knowledge required:
- Experience designing, installing, and maintaining server hardware and software systems.
- Experience conducting Linux systems administration including Operating System installation, configuration, integration, hardening, software and patch management and documentation of Cyber Security Capability.
- Experience in System patching including Red Hat Ansible, Red Hat Satellite automation, configuration management and deployment tools.
- Experience in designing, developing, and maintaining all system tools for all scripts and automation processes and monitoring system capacity and usage.
- Experience in identifying and analysing system performance issues and working in close coordination with related stakeholders to recommend and implement remediation actions.
- Experience in identifying configuration discrepancies in the system, assessing security risks, and implementing solutions by adhering to security standards.
- Knowledge and experience in Authentication and Authorisation technologies.
- Understanding of various protocols (i.e. DNS, DHCP, NTP) and proxies (i.e. web proxies).
- General network knowledge and experience an advantage.
- Experience in one of the following preferred technologies:
- Software defined storage technologies (i.e. CEPH).
- Cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS, e.g. Red Hat OpenStack, AWS).
- Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS, e.g. Red Hat Open Shift).
- Containers (e.g. Docker) technologies.
- Elastic Search (ES).
Estimated start date: 7-12-2020
Location of work: Australian Capital Territory
Length of contract: 12 months
Contract extensions: 12 months
Security Requirements: Due to the nature of the work, we require a minimum NV1 security clearance level.
How to Apply:
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you will need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Applications open until 06 November 2020.
Call Kate 0447 199 931 for any further information.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's