IT Windows Systems Administrator
|Job Title:||IT Windows Systems Administrator|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||October 28, 2020 16:05|
The Windows Systems Administrator will be a part of a small team supporting and working towards delivering an automated, robust and secure environment. You will be working as a productive, diligent and supportive member of a small team with proven ability to develop and maintain productive working relationships and work under pressure to meet deadlines and maintain services. Your main goal will be to minimize the amount of unplanned downtime in the Development, Test and Production environments hosted on Windows platforms and to achieve a high level of end user satisfaction. This includes the lead or participation in technical issues, consulting and development of standards in your area of expertise as well as the delivery of support services.
• Represent the Cloud Services group as a Subject Matter Expert to provide advice and assistance relating to the Windows operating stack to management and stakeholders.
• Build and maintain Windows SOE’s over multiple cloud providers.
• Provide advance administration of the Windows operating stack and 3rd party management tools.
• Proven ability to write operational, architectural and user documentation.
• Assist with the third level support team to provide Windows technology support including:
- Complex incident and problem resolution
- System upgrades, patching and installations
- System security
- Application support
• Assess and comment on Architectural and Design documentation as required for new systems proposing to use Windows platforms.
Skills and Experience Required:
• Extensive experience in administering and troubleshooting Windows platforms in a large and complex environment.
Demonstrated experience in:
- Windows automation using;
- Network troubleshooting with native and 3rd party Microsoft toolsets
- Active Directory design, implementation and support within a complex environment with both windows and Linux clients.
- Environment management using advance group policy management
- Windows patching, security and administration.
- Windows roles and features support
- Understanding of virtualization technologies.
- SOE design, build and maintenance
Location and Contract Term: Canberra based role. Contract till October 2021 with 1 x 12 month contract extension option pending budget and delegate approval.
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens to apply for this role. A baseline security clearance is required or the ability to obtain and maintain.
How to Apply:
Applications close 22 September.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Linux Systems Engineer
$110 - $160 per hour
System Administrator level 4 (TSPV)
ICT System Administrator Level 5 (TSPV)
ICT System Administrator level 3 (TSPV)
ICT System Administrator - Microsoft Technologies level 4 (TSPV)