Communications Support Officer
|Job Title:||Communications Support Officer|
|Start Date:||2020-11-03 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Mohammed Samsam|
|Job Published:||November 03, 2020 17:45|
One of our Federal Government clients is looking for an experienced Communications Support Officer who will be responsible for providing high-level coordination, administrative and operational support. This role will have responsibility for managing secretariat functions for the Communications Working Group meetings and support engagement activities across the program.
Within this role there will also be opportunities to build capabilities across several other areas within the Division
Key position responsibilities
We are looking for an enthusiastic candidate to:
- support drafting of communications micro campaigns, media responses, briefs, respond to emails.
- assist in developing program standard templates using style guides and in keeping with the government style manual.
- liaise with both internal and external communications teams to progress work.
- report on and follow up on actions and decisions arising from the Communications Working Group meetings.
- develop and send out regular newsletters, blogs, and engagement pieces.
- establish and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders internally and externally.
- respond promptly and courteously to stakeholder requests. This may include collating and disseminating information, resolving problems or escalate issues when required.
- contributing to a range of high-level written material including engagement and onboarding documentation, material and responses, website content and briefs.
- assist with Website maintenance, management, and content upload on GovCMS (training will be given in this area).
- update and maintain engagement CRMS with details of engagements (training will be given in this area)
- update and maintain project timelines and tasks.
- other communication and engagement support tasks associated with project delivery and management.
- Confident in using Microsoft Office Programs.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Highly developed networking and relationship management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in communications and/or media.
- Experience working in a complex, dynamic team environment.
Contract Term: Until 30 June 2021 with a 6 month extension option
Security Requirements: Must be an Australian Citizen.
How to Apply:
Applications close Friday, 30 October 2020
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.