Data Services Developer
|Job Title:||Data Services Developer|
|Start Date:||2020-11-03 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Mohammed Samsam|
|Job Published:||November 03, 2020 17:54|
One of our Federal Government clients is looking for a highly experienced BI Developer who will be responsible for the planning, writing, testing and deployment of code that links various sources of data together.
The role will focus on collaborating with key business areas in the development and implementation of consumable reports and analytics to address key risks and emerging trends within these areas.
Key position responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership to the project delivery team through design reviews, advising on implementation best practices, defining and refining release process and technical workshops.
- Review and refine the data delivery framework in order to enhance integration of new sources, performance of existing data delivery and rapid development of new subject areas.
- Set peer review and data modelling, development and release standards.
- Provide knowledge transfer sessions on best practices on development, data modelling, release process etc.
- Own the technical implementation of new data from analysis to delivery (designing and delivering data dictionary, defining the release steps, defining best practices of data modelling and review steps).
- Facilitate continuous improvement measures in delivery principles, coding standards, documentation and provide training sessions to team.
- Prioritise work items and add them to a work queue.
- Understand, analyse and size user requirements;
- Development and maintenance of SQL analytical and ETL code;
- Optimisation and tuning of SQL code to ensure optimal performance;
- Development and maintenance of system documentation;
- Work within a state of the art, greenfields dev ops environment;
- Collaboration with data consumers, database development, testers and IT support teams.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- SQL / Teradata – Demonstrated competency in developing, auditing and reviewing code
- SAS (Base, EG) or SQL (essential) or Python, R or Java (preferred)
- DevOps - Ability to understand DevOps process and can use DevOps tools in accordance with the process
- Programming – High level of competency in Programming, including knowledge of supplementary programming languages such as Python
- Version control - Ability to demonstrate knowledge of version controls and its appropriate uses
- Excel - Competency with required systems, software and programs, including SAS and Excel
- Other - Ability to read and interpret data models and specifications
- Tertiary qualifications in mathematics, statistical, computer sciences discipline or more than three years relevant work experience.
Contract Term: 7 months with a possible extension option
Security Requirements: Must be an Australian Citizen.
How to Apply:
Applications close Friday, 30 November 2020
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
IT Midrange Application Developer
.Net Software Developer (NV1)
Cloud Infrastructure Developer Level 4 (TSPV)
Cloud Application Developer Level 4 (TSPV)
Cloud Application Developer – Technical Team Lead Level 5 (TSPV)