ICT Inclusion and Assistive Technology Services Officer
|Job Title:||ICT Inclusion and Assistive Technology Services Officer|
|Start Date:||2020-11-05 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Mohammed Samsam|
|Job Published:||November 05, 2020 12:48|
One of our private clients is looking for an ICT Inclusion and Assistive Technology Services Officer who will be responsible for assuring their client’s requirements and experiences are understood and that AT customers are included within the CX, and provided reasonable access to ICT within their client
Key position responsibilities
- Provide advisory, governance and assurance functions to support compliance with Australian Government legislation and policy on disability, inclusion and ICT accessibility.
- Provide ICT inclusion and accessibility subject matter expertise to ICT programs and projects and customers.
- Assure accessibility evaluations in accordance with WCAG and the Australian Government Digital Service Standard.
- Plan, prepare and deliver and advice on a wide range of ICT Assistive Technology communication documents including customer articles, service desk support articles and advisory emails and briefings.
- Manage complex ICT AT customer complaints to resolution.
- Identify opportunities for single and multi-year outcomes based projects (work packages) and in sourcing, including planning for, and enabling delivery of, capability via these methods.
- Plan, prepare and deliver ICT inclusion/accessibility related training to clients and colleagues.
- Transfer ICT inclusion and accessibility knowledge to the enduring APS workforce to enable existing capability.
- Undertake ad hoc activities to meet business priorities and outcomes.
- Up-to-date knowledge of Australian Government legislation and policy on disability, inclusion and ICT accessibility, their scope and application ideally to federal government environment.
- Comprehensive and applied understanding of how people with disability perceive, navigate and operate graphical user interfaces with and without assistive technology.
- Comprehensive and applied understanding of how to engage with assistive technology users in the identification, management and representation of their needs.
- Comprehensive understanding of ICT assistive technologies and their functionality and interoperability in a work environment.
- Comprehensive stakeholder engagement, facilitation and organisational skills, with the ability to productively and positively engage with a wide range of customers, projects and situations.
- Extensive and comprehensive knowledge of the composition, interpretation, and application of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0
- Up-to-date understanding of the standards and guidelines published by the Australian government Digital Transformation Agency, and their scope and application.
- Professional Certificate in Web Accessibility.
- IAAP Certification.
Contract Term: 12 months with 2 x 6 month extension options.
Security Requirements: Must be an Australian Citizen. Due to the work environment, our client has requested that all candidates must hold a minimum Baseline Security Clearance (NV1 preferred).
How to Apply:
Applications close Monday, 09 November 2020
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
ICT Business Support Analyst Level 4 (TSPV)
ICT System Administrator Level 4 (TSPV)
ICT System Administrator Level 3 (TSPV)
ICT Change Manager level 5 (TSPV)
ICT Network Security Firewall Specialist Level 4 (TSPV)