IT Program Manager
|Job Title:||IT Program Manager|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||November 06, 2020 14:33|
We are looking for an experienced Program Delivery Lead to join a growing program team to deliver the Departments Strategic Sourcing Sub-Program.
• Lead, plan, organise, direct and control the work of other managers and directors to ensure a high-level of accuracy, consistency and integration across business in terms of advice provided or functions managed
• Lead and be accountable for planning, organising and managing allocated resources, program financials, setting work area priorities, managing complex projects and workflows, developing strategies, managing risks and dependencies across multiple projects and evaluating project and business outcomes and delivery.
• Provide authoritative and expert advice and deliver results with a significant degree of independence within a framework of Department policies, priorities, objectives and strategy
• Be accountable to share own project management expertise with others, guide and mentor less experienced employees and work collaboratively to achieve business outcomes
• Develop and/or modify strategies and policies that extend to complex issues, which may not have established precedents or guidelines, and devise solutions that ensure achievement of Department outcomes and objectives
• Lead, plan, coordinate and undertake high-level research and analysis with regard to IT technical and non-technical matters for the purpose of maintaining and increasing compliance levels and improving internal productivity
• Lead, initiate, manage, plan and/or direct major high profile, complex or research IT projects
• Set the overall direction, and frequently solve new and complex problems, particularly with reference to stakeholder negotiations and issue resolution.
Skills and Experience Required:
• Extensive experience in leading, planning, managing program financials, and tracking delivery of a large Program and its sub-projects to support the delivery of the Strategic Sourcing Sub-Program.
• Extensive experience in understanding the dependencies and relationships to other programs with a true integration focus to support the delivery of a new commercial arrangements.
• Extensive experience in engaging with various integration forums and working in a multi-vendor environment
• Extensive experience in leading and building effective, blended teams in a multi-vendor environment while providing the key link between senior executives and these teams.
• Ability to represent the Department at external forums and senior leadership meetings e.g. Steering Committee and EST Leadership, and liaise on behalf of the Department on significant, complex or technical issues with incumbent service providers, external practitioners, industry representatives and government agencies.
• Extensive experience in collaborating with Procurement, Technical and Legal Advisors as well as stakeholders across multiple business areas to deliver technical and commercial outcomes
• Extensive experience in capital and operational risk and issue management, financial management, scheduling, and program status reporting in large organisations
Location and Contract Term: Canberra or Melbourne (Box Hill) based role. Contract till June 2021 with 2 x 12 month contract extension options pending budget or delegate approval.
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens to apply for this role. A baseline security clearance is required.
How to Apply:
Applications close 10 November.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's