IT Business Analyst
|Job Title:||IT Business Analyst|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||November 13, 2020 12:42|
The Branch provides specialist security governance, advisory, assurance, operations and incident response services delivered across Australia.
The Information Cyber Security Programs’ objective is to meet the community’s expectations and ensuring that our digital services are accessible, reliable and secure. We work on change initiative projects that improve, modernise and build new capability to ensure that the Cyber Security branch is able to establish and apply sufficient risk tolerance while driving improvements for compliance, controls, detection, responses and visibility functions to manage cyber risk posture. The department is modernising and maturing cyber security capabilities to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of systems are protected.
About The Role
We are seeking experienced Business Analysts or Senior Business Analysts who have worked on information cyber security programs that required the interpretation of security operations and the changing of processes and technology to meet new capabilities.
The position will perform business analysis and process review to identify and develop business and functional requirements specifications. Business Analysts may be allocated to other projects as required to support ad-hoc analysis or process modelling tasks.
This role will require working closely with both the Program Manager and the IT Project Managers and will engage with a number of key project stakeholders and understanding of integration architecture technologies.
The Business Analyst has the following accountabilities:
• Demonstrated experience and skills in requirements elicitation and definition, business process reengineering and process mapping
• Demonstrated experience facilitation workshops
• Demonstrated experience in technical writing and producing high quality documentation including requirements, guidelines, and operation procedures
• Experience delivering multi-faceted artefacts for government programs and/or projects
Our Ideal Job Seeker
- 5+ year experience in a Business Analyst role working in the IT and/or Cyber Security industry
- Experience preferred working on IT and/or Cyber Security Programs
- experience working on IT Cyber Security (preferred) projects and in program management in multi IT vendor arrangements
- Strong business stakeholder experience, particularly with cyber security, risk and compliance
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Confident presentation skills to peers and senior management
- Ability to work seamlessly with both internal and external branch stakeholders
- A positive, proactive, can-do attitude
- A pragmatic approach to delivery methodology versus meeting delivery milestones
- Ability to respond to change with flexibility and adaptability
Location and Contract Term:
Canberra based – 12 Month Contract with 2 x 12 Month extension options.
Must be an Australian Citizen. Baseline security clearance required or the ability to obtain baseline clearance required
How to Apply:
Applications close 17 November 2020
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Jo Finchett 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Business Analyst level 5 (TSPV)
Business Analyst - RegTech industry engagement
Business Analyst (multiple positions) Level 4 (TSPV)
Business Analyst - Atlassian administrator level 5 (TSPV)
Business Analyst – Logistics Management/Endpoint Services Level 4 (TSPV)