|Job Title:||Behaviour Therapists|
|Contact Name:||Maria Fabello|
|Job Published:||December 15, 2020 14:24|
Location - Fernvale
The Centre for Positive Behaviour Support is a service provider priding themselves in positive behaviour support assessment and interventions for complex individuals, both young and old. The Queensland Team is looking for Behaviour Therapists.
You will be working with individuals with a disability or complex mental health difficulties alongside a number of other professionals such as Psychologists, Occupational Therapists and Physiotherapists. As such you will need great communication skills. The role requires you to engage the client in therapy within the community and their natural environments such as their home, school, workplace, and day placement.
Skills and Experience Required
• State required authorisation to work with children or vulnerable people (we will assist with this).
• Current drivers licence and use of own vehicle (Comprehensive Car Insurance is a MUST)
• A relevant degree or working towards a relevant degree
• Ability to work independently and self-directed
• Willingness to complete a Registered Behaviour Technician (RBT) Course within the first 6 months
• Strong communication skills and time management
• Willing to work Face-To-Face with clients in their homes, schools and communities taking into account current social distancing regulations
• Previous experience working with disability or mental health concerns
• Flexible Hours: work around your current commitments - YOU make your schedule around your client’s needs
• Generous hourly wage
• Ongoing supervision by Behaviour Support Practitioners/Psychologists
• Travel allowance provided
• In-field training provided for clients
Travel is expected and Tertiary qualifications are desired but not essential.
The role is part time with the ability to work towards full-time employment along with opportunities to progress to a behaviour support practitioner role. The hours are negotiable, but it is recommended that a minimum of 15 hours can be made available. Please note, hours are not immediate, rather will build up once settled into the role with a client or two. We provide hours based on experience, confidence and willingness to learn.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
NB. Individuals who apply for this role are expected to undertake an emotional intelligence screening before being offered a role with us.