Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGA) Engineer
|Job Title:||Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGA) Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Mohammed Samsam|
|Job Published:||November 19, 2020 13:28|
- Location: Sydney - CBD
- Permanent Opportunity
- Private Company - a technology-driven trading firm
One of our private clients, a technology-driven trading firm, is looking to engage an experienced Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGA) Engineer to join their growing team in Sydney.
As an FPGA Engineer, you work with the trading and infrastructure teams to implement the trading strategies while getting the most out of our client’s infrastructure.
You'll work in a small team that takes responsibility to own the complete solution. This includes finding ways to become more productive, improve testing and thinking about measuring and monitoring.
You will also be responsible for managing the deployment process of solutions as they are developed. Our client does their best to get changes to production as quickly as possible as improvements can have a very clear effect on our profitability.
Our client is currently using a combination of Verilog/VHDL, C++ and scripting languages for our FPGA systems. They automate their testing as much as possible. They also connect to exchanges over Ethernet so understanding the details of network protocols and network infrastructure is a very important aspect of the job.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Tertiary qualified in Computer Systems, IT Engineering, Electronic Engineering or Technology with strong academic results, or relevant experience in lieu
- Fluent in VHDL and/or SystemVerilog, as well as a programming language (preferably C++)
- Ability to design and implement high speed, low latency programmable logic designs
- Good understanding of network protocols and network infrastructure
- Linux skills are beneficial
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work within a team, as well as cross-functionally
- The ability to think critically in a high-paced, constantly changing environment; a sense of urgency is a must
- One of the most fun aspects of the job is that they have a very quick feedback loop. They release early and often to get incremental benefits as they are developed
- They operate at the bleeding edge of technology. If something new can potentially bring an advantage they will actively invest in developing and utilising the solution
- They really believe in sharing knowledge and technology between their different offices. Much of their technology stack is shared between all 3 regions, and they provide opportunities to travel between the regions both for personal growth and to assist where it has the biggest impact.
- To get the best results, our client encourages everybody to gain understanding of both the trading strategy and how exchanges work on a technological level.
- Working at our client is also an opportunity to learn about financial markets. We know from that a lot of people really enjoy learning about a field beyond their immediate area of expertise, it’s one of the things that makes this job more interesting than others.
- Our client employs a broad range of people with varying backgrounds. What they have in common is their superior technical expertise, their extraordinary smarts and their collaborative approach. They accept nothing less.
* Please detail the depth of your higher level software (C++) as well as hardware experience in your CV as this will be key to your success in the role.
How to Apply:
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Call Mohammed 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's