Software Engineer (C++)
|Job Title:||Software Engineer (C++)|
|Contact Name:||Mohammed Samsam|
|Job Published:||November 19, 2020 15:03|
- Location: Sydney - CBD
- Permanent Opportunity
- Private Company - a technology-driven trading firm
One of our private clients, a technology-driven trading firm, is looking to engage an experienced Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGA) Engineer to join their growing team in Sydney.
Our client trades in the most competitive markets across the globe. Their software makes millions of trading decisions daily. As a software developer, you’ll be working alongside traders to implement strategies which will challenge you to be creative with your implementation. You’ll need to produce solutions which compete in the extremely latency sensitive environment, whilst managing complexity.
You’ll be working in a highly motivated team, controlling end-to-end product development. You will work in an environment where slight oversights can be extremely costly, while new features can be extremely profitable. As a team, our client aims to balance the race to production with software quality and testability. You’ll be placed in an environment consisting primarily of C++ and Java. They have a build chain which has been designed around the concept of daily production releases. A variety of systems and technologies keeps life interesting.
Upon joining our client you will be expected to manage your own time and tasks. They rely on their developers to drive change by taking feedback from trader and shaping that into an implementation. Your ownership of the task continues until a working production release. their most successful developers comfortably work in any part of our stack.
What Makes Our Client Fun?
- One of the most fun aspects of the job is that they have a very quick feedback loop. They release early and often to get incremental benefits as they are developed
- They operate at the bleeding edge of technology. If something new can potentially bring an advantage they will actively invest in developing and utilising the solution
- They really believe in sharing knowledge and technology between their different offices. Much of their technology stack is shared between all 3 regions, and they provide opportunities to travel between the regions both for personal growth and to assist where it has the biggest impact.
- To get the best results, our client encourages everybody to gain understanding of both the trading strategy and how exchanges work on a technological level.
- Working at our client is also an opportunity to learn about financial markets. We know from that a lot of people really enjoy learning about a field beyond their immediate area of expertise, it’s one of the things that makes this job more interesting than others.
- Our client employs a broad range of people with varying backgrounds. What they have in common is their superior technical expertise, their extraordinary smarts and their collaborative approach. They accept nothing less.
How to Apply:
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Call Mohammed 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Data Model Software Engineer (NV1)
Australian Land Data Model Software Engineer (NV1)
Software Developers GIS Web Development (NV1)
Software Developer - Python/Java Level 5 (TSPV)