IT Project Manager
|Job Title:||IT Project Manager|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||November 20, 2020 14:46|
The IT Project Manager role will bring specialist skills to oversee all stages of design, acquisition and implementation and will ensure project governance and control is maintained. Knowledge of cloud services in a large enterprise will compliment a strong IT background and Project Management skillset. The role will benefit from building productive working relationships within program and project stakeholders; and working under pressure to meet deadlines. The right candidate would bring leadership and experience to create opportunities to optimise and mitigate risks. The role will also demand production of quality process documentation and effective client engagement.
• Ensure the project is delivered on-time, within scope and budget.
• Prepare budget based on requirements and scope of work.
• Develop and manage a detailed project plan to schedule key project milestones, workstreams & activities and manage delivery of the project according to this plan.
• Monitor project dates, tasks, hours spent, risks, dependencies, blockers and customer satisfaction throughout the project lifecycle.
• Track project costs and provide project updates to key stakeholders on a regular basis about project intent, deliverables, progress and outcomes.
• Develop requirements material required for a market approach, compliant with Commonwealth Procurement Guidelines, in consultation with technical, procurement and financial stakeholders.
• Manage contracts with vendors and suppliers by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables.
• Be accountable for working with external providers, setting work area priorities, managing workflows, developing strategies and evaluating business outcomes.
• Engage with internal and external stakeholders on complex and sensitive issues in order to provide or obtain information and negotiate relevant outcomes.
• Understand and operate within the Department project management methodology.
• Evaluate project outcomes, the broader impacts and implications of IT-project activities and escalate issues outside of delegation.
• Operate in a professional manner when undertaking assurance reviews of any externally provided products or services against contract requirements.
Skills and Experience Required:
• 3+ years project management experience in I.T.
• Experience implementing corporate technology systems.
• Experience leading procurement activities in government.
• Experience overseeing projects through the full life cycle.
• Excellent understanding of compute infrastructure and cloud technologies.
• Excellent vendor and contract negotiation skills.
• Excellent organisational skills with ability to multi-task while paying close attention to detail.
• Good interpersonal skills with customers, team and stakeholders.
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office tools.
• Familiarity with project management tools
• ITIL or ITSM certifications preferred. PMP certifications desirable.
• Proficiency in project scheduling and project lifecycle best practices.
• Customer-focused mindset
Location and Contract Term: Canberra based role. Contract till end of May 2021 with 1 x 6 month contract extension option pending budget and delegate approval.
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens to apply for this role. A baseline security clearance or the ability to obtain and maintain is required.
How to Apply:
Applications close 25 November.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's