Data Manager/GIS Specialist
|Job Title:||Data Manager/GIS Specialist|
|Start Date:||2020-11-23 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Mohammed Samsam|
|Job Published:||November 23, 2020 11:54|
One of our Federal Government clients is seeking an experienced Data and Geospatial Manager who will be responsible for establishing relevant linkages to other areas and programs of the Department and external to the Department that would hold or have similar data access requirements.
You will liaise with various stakeholders including authors, Content Designer, ICT staff (architects and developers), and government data agencies listed above, to help coordinate a range of tools to aid the data management process, for example:
- Manage incoming and outgoing data through the data life cycle
- Data formatting guidelines for spatial and non-spatial data
- Use of metadata
- Standards for managing data in graphs, tables and maps
- Digital links to other reports and resources
- Supplementary data and material
- Develop and implement procedures for effective data management and sharing
- Creation of data sharing agreements where necessary
- Guarantee adherence to legal requirements and departmental standards and policies, including licensing requirements, handling of sensitive data, etc.
- Manage and document all SoE related data files
- Experience in environmental data reporting and management, including information record management
- Experience in geospatial data management and configuration
- Presentation of environmental information within a policy environment using ESRI GIS software (ArcGIS suite, ArcReader, WebGIS, Python scripting)
- Experience working for the Commonwealth and/or state and territory governments
- Be self-motivated, possess attention to detail, driven and takes ownership of assigned activities
- Ability to break complex activities into achievable tasks
- Ability to work within tight timeframes and deliver on outcomes
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills
Contract Term: 6 months with 2 x 6 month extension options.
Security Requirements: Must be an Australian Citizen.
How to Apply:
Applications close Friday, 4 December 2020
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's