|Job Title:||Data Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||November 24, 2020 11:24|
The data engineer uses their expertise in big data platforms to build queries that support discovery, reporting insights and models.
• Deep expertise in construction of data pipelines
• Structuring data for downstream use (modelling / provisioning)
• Experience with Hive, Hbase, Kafka, Spark
• Programming skills in a data engineering context including Java and/or Scala
• Develop in approved programming language and tools, construct, and test solutions
• Data Structures
• Data Pipelines
• Configuring and maintaining a code-repository for the Developers to check-in their code
• Configure and manage test environments and notifications
• Application code pre-deployment staging and packaging
• Flexible implementation of Continuous integration and Continuous deployment (CI/CD) practices
• Assist in planning, prioritisation and readiness of features for commitment prior to delivery
• Responsible for the breakdown of stories within the features; and identifying the tasks within the stories assigned to them
• Ensure TFS reflects correct integrated releases and tags
• Work with Environments team to ensure system integration and data availability
• Collaborate with the Test/Environment/Developer teams to develop the automated unit test and deployment processes
• Investigate bugs or incidents and contribute to tech bridge as required
• Provide support documentation for the maintenance team
• Hold demonstrations of delivery outcomes for stakeholders
Skills and Experience Required:
Our Ideal Job Seeker:
Thrives in a highly dynamic environment and deals well with uncertainty. We are a team of many moving parts and our ideal candidate will need to adjust their approach depending on audience. Integration and collaboration is key, as well, the ability to pivot quickly and cover gaps to ensure the success of our team overall.
• Champion of DevOps processes and values
• Experienced in setting up and maintaining a code-repository for the Developers to check-in their code for pre-deployment staging and packaging activities
• Experienced in managing and maintaining automated test scripts and suites
• Highly skilled communicator able to negotiate and influence
Location and Contract Term: This is a Brisbane based role. Contract till June 2021 with 1 x 6 month contract extension option.
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens to apply for this role. A baseline security clearance is required.
How to Apply:
Applications close 27 November.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's