Data Warehouse Modeller & Developer
|Job Title:||Data Warehouse Modeller & Developer|
|Start Date:||2020-11-26 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Mohammed Samsam|
|Job Published:||November 26, 2020 15:41|
One of our Federal Government clients is seeking an experienced Data Warehouse Modeller and Developer to work in a high performing data warehousing team delivering analytics and workload measurement. The Microsoft SQL data warehouse modellers and developers will provide services under direction including:
- obtain in-depth knowledge of a business area through data analysis and engagement and consultation with subject matter experts within business
- develop data models to meet specified business requirements that will allow future integration with other reporting products
- develop highly optimised SQL scripts in ELT scenarios
- write clear, business meaningful, code documentation that explains the intent and mechanics of scripts
- Skills and proven experience in solving complex SQL problems is paramount. Role requires a code-first approach with proven ability to have an SQL-first, ELT, method to resolve complex business problems. Experience in commercial tools not a high priority as this role will not use tools including ErWIN, SSIS, DataStage etc
- Demonstrated ability to deliver combined business analyst, data modeller and ETL developer services. This role will propose, negotiate, and create all the data transformation logic for business. The role will not separate between data modelling and ELT development
- Ability to work independently in a rigorous, yet extremely rapid, environment. Ability to deliver incremental production changes on a weekly to fortnightly basis. Ability to adapt quickly with flexibility to changing demand and priorities
- SQL Server query tuning, including the ability to diagnose problems using the query planner
- SQL Server Analysis Services: Tabular modelling, DAX
- Advance computer science/software programming skills
Contract Term: 6 months with 2 x 12 month extension options.
Security Requirements: Must be an Australian Citizen.
How to Apply:
Applications close Tuesday,1 December 2020
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's