Senior Azure and Hybrid Cloud Technical Lead
|Job Title:||Senior Azure and Hybrid Cloud Technical Lead|
|Start Date:||2020-11-26 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Mohammed Samsam|
|Job Published:||November 26, 2020 17:14|
One of our Federal Government clients is seeking an experienced Senior Azure and Hybrid Cloud Technical Lead to work within their ICT Infrastructure Services and Support Section. This is a new role for the Section and would suite someone who has experience in providing mentoring to technical team members alongside the below responsibilities:
- Lead the operations of our client’s HCI and Azure Cloud Hybrid datacentre
- Build capability within ISSS to support the Hybrid Cloud data centre
- Lead the design of operational systems that standardise and automate datacentre operations
- Collaborate with the Strategy and Architecture Section on architecture direction and lead the design and implementation of new architectures.
- Provide Azure and Hybrid Cloud technical leadership within the Section and across DTSB.
- Develop a modern automation driven culture and develop team members and uplift their skills in Azure and Hybrid Cloud.
- Assist in the development of a DevOps model as part of a boarder approach across DTSB.
- Design and implement Australian Government Information Security Manual (ISM) compliant solutions alongside developing a shared responsibility model for both Azure and hybrid cloud.
- Contribute to the modernisation of existing systems and their integration with our client’s Azure and hybrid cloud platforms.
- Remaining abreast of Azure advances and interpreting their impact for our client.
- Azure design, DevOps Engineering and Administration.
- Designing, implementing, and operating automated ICT support systems.
- Hybrid Cloud - integration of on-premise traditional infrastructure solutions with azure cloud services, e.g.
- ▪ Design and implementation of efficient standards for managing services spanning private and public cloud infrastructure
- ▪ Design and implementation of integrated on-premise and cloud based identity solutions
- ▪ Experience with cloud migration toolsets and best practices
- Technical leadership – Technical direction, development and leadership of staff. Building culture, capability and coaching staff with excellent communication skills.
- Security – Application of a shared responsibility model for security in a large organisation.
- Strong problem solving and diagnostic skills in complex hybrid environments.
- Australian Government Information Security Manual and application in a federal government context OFFICIAL:SENSITIV
- In a cloud context: Office 365 Administration, Azure Administration, Azure Security Center, Azure Networking, Firewalls, Hyper-V, Nutanix, Windows Server and RedHat Enterprise Linux.
- Information Technology related tertiary qualifications (or equivalent vendor certifications)
- At least 3 years relevant experience developing, implementing and managing Azure cloud solutions and modern hybrid ICT environments within Federal Commonwealth Government departments or as an embedded resource from an MSP.
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Security Engineer Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate
Contract Term: 12 months with possible extension options.
Security Requirements: Must be an Australian Citizen. Due to the work environment, our client has requested that all candidates must hold a current NV1 Security Clearance.
How to Apply:
Applications close Tuesday, 8 December 2020
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's