|Job Title:||COBOL Developer|
|Start Date:||2020-11-27 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Mohammed Samsam|
|Job Published:||November 27, 2020 15:00|
One of our Federal Government clients is seeking experienced Senior Development Expert (COBOL) to assist on a large program of work.
As a Senior Development Expert (COBOL), you will undertake technical research and analysis to drive the design, and the development of high quality solutions in support of business and technical requirements. They lead and provide technical management.
You will operate with a significant degree of independence and works under the broad guidance of a National Manager to deliver quality outcomes. You will also operate with a high level of autonomy, with decision-making highly dependent on their own judgment.
In performing a leadership role, you will be responsible for identifying and driving innovation, managing and leading change, and having an active role in contributing to and implementing the agency’s strategic direction.
Your responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Translating technical and market trends into development strategy
- Being accountable for the analysis, design, development, prototyping, unit testing and maintenance activities
- Ensuring compliance with endorsed software development methodologies
- Implementing methodology, managing and leading change and actively contributing to the agency’s strategic direction
- Developing strategy to ensure high code quality and long-term maintenance of a product's code base
- Ensuring development productivity and excellence in quality
- Conducting impact analysis, evaluate, and report on technical feasibility and risks for development projects
- Proactively sharing knowledge and expertise as the subject matter expert, and providing assistance and mentorship to less experienced colleagues
- Overseeing operations of teams, including providing a clear sense of direction, setting work priorities and managing resources
- Providing direction and support to development teams to ensure high quality solution realisation.
- Resolving very complex, sensitive and/or escalated technical issues
- Minimum 5 years proven experience as a COBOL developer on an IBM mainframe
- Demonstrated experience as a highly specialised COBOL/Mainframe Developer
- Demonstrated experience delivering end to end solutions and leading a team of developers in a complex environment
- Ability to analyse complex systems, understand architecture and produce high level designs and Solution documents
- Sound understanding of different design patterns and hands on experience with delivering solutions using JavaEE, web services, Git and DB2.
- Understands relational database concepts and the use of SQL, and implement high performance database solutions
- Understands Agile concepts and delivers work in Agile environment
Contract Term: 6 months with 2 x 12 month extension options.
Security Requirements: Must be an Australian Citizen.
How to Apply:
Applications close Wednesday, 2 December 2020
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's