Senior Security Specialist
|Job Title:||Senior Security Specialist|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||November 30, 2020 10:37|
This important security role requires a broad set of skills and capabilities across the analysis, design, project management and business architecture domains.
It supports the Security Director in the delivering policy and strategy artefacts that augment the security blueprint.
A strong understanding of Australian Government security requirements, and of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and related software systems will be a distinct advantage
- Conduct research, analysis and stakeholder engagement to contribute to the development of security policy, plans and processes
- Coordinate, support and manage security consultants and IRAP assessors in completing artefacts
- Support existing stakeholder forums, including management, reporting and coordination.
- Coordinate and manage security risks identified by the program.
- Collaborate with program resources to inform security designs for the solution.
- Communicate solution designs and decisions to peers, stakeholders and executives.
- Ensure adherence to cyber security policies and procedures.
Skills and Experience Required
- Project Management – Experience in working in federal government-based IT projects across the project management spectrum including scheduling, work breakdown, budget, risk, resources and scope.
- Analysis – Research and analytical skills applied in reporting, business, system analysis, design and business architecture.
- Strategic: Experience defining, developing and working on information systems, operating models and blueprints that enable organisations define and achieve their goals.
- Communication: strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to influence internal and external stakeholders. Experience writing briefs, minutes, policy, system specifications, strategic documentation and workshop facilitation.
- Technical: Experience with SAP systems, Microsoft office applications and business process modelling tools and architectural software; and
- Knowledge of key Government cyber security standards and methodologies.
- Clearance: An Australian Government security clearance of NV1 is preferred.
- Seniority: At least five years of experience in similar roles is preferred.
- A strong understanding of Australian Government security requirements.
- experience with ERP and related software systems.
- outstanding written and oral skills.
- extensive Australian Government Public Sector security experience; and
- proven success in contributing to a diverse team-oriented environment.
Location and Contract Term:
Canberra Based – 6 Month Contract with 3 x 6 months extension options
Must be an Australian Citizen. Ability to obtain NV1 Security Clearance is required
How to Apply:
Applications close 2 December 2020
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Jo Finchett 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
ICT Security Specialist [Certifier] Level 5 (TSPV)
Security Architect level 5 (TSPV)
System Security Architect/Practitioner Level 5 (TSPV)
IT Security Practitioner (Security Architect and Accreditation) level 4 (TSPV)
Security Administrator – Multiple positions level 4 (TSPV)