IT Database Administrator
|Job Title:||IT Database Administrator|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||December 01, 2020 11:58|
We are looking for a hands on, experienced, technical Mainframe DB2/ZOS DBA specialist.
The ideal candidate would have immediate hands on technical skills and would not require Mainframe DB2/ZOS database administration training - other than local site and tool familiarization.
Skills and Experience Required:
• Able to articulate their advanced knowledge of Mainframe DB2/ZOS database administration and apply it independently in complex situations, understanding the why
• Generating and executing DDL scripts to create, change and drop database objects in any environment from Development to Production
and more importantly, understand the issues, challenges and risks when doing that
o Familiarity with CA-DMS toolset would be an advantage
• Very comfortable with working with many millions (if not billions) of rows of data in a single table
• Understands and can execute tablespace/index reorganization process and candidate selection
• Understands and can articulate the different tablespace types and their relative advantages and disadvantages (including V12); and how to migrate between them.
• Soon ready to participate in an on-call roster (1 in 5 weeks) for production support, and be confident to independently troubleshoot complex situations including recovering dropped objects
• Access path, SQL and Indexes Tuning
• Skills in SAS and/or Rexx to maintain and enhance automation processes
• Database Job scheduling experience – Knowledge of TWS/OPC would be an advantage
• Experience in the use and/or installation of Db2 Connect and Data Studio would be an advantage
• An advantage If you have other z/OS experience such as MQ/CICS/zOS or other tools in terms of usage and customisation.
• A mentor who will willingly, generously and sensitively share technical knowledge
• A strong team player who fits in with the team and culture and yet can improve that culture and outcomes
• A passionate career professional who maintains, researches and improves their professional knowledge of DB2
• A leader who brings the team along with them even if they aren’t formal leader
• Already holding an Australian security clearance of Baseline (or higher) would be an advantage
• Willing to be on an on-call roster for 1 in 5 weeks.
Location and Contract Term: Melbourne, Canberra or Brisbane based role. 12 month contract with 2 x 6 month contract extensions pending budget and delegate approval.
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens to apply for this role. A baseline security clearance is required or the ability to obtain and maintain.
How to Apply:
Applications close 7 December.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Mo 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's