Power BI Developer
|Job Title:||Power BI Developer|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||December 01, 2020 12:48|
One of our Federal Government clients is seeking an experienced Power BI Developer to work as part of a project team for the delivery of the Payment Times Reporting Scheme project. The successful candidate will work closely with stakeholders, business subject matter experts, and technical architects and developers as part of the project, to deliver the agreed outcomes. The project will comprise of implementing data models, dashboards and reports based on a Microsoft stack and Power BI.
The Power BI Developer will:
• Analyse, design and build - datasets, data models, dashboards and reports
• Prepare a detailed level design for datasets, data models, dashboards and reports to be built
• Build/Configure the Power BI dashboards and reports from business and technical requirements
• Develop and contribute to ongoing project reporting requirements / expectations
• Perform qualitative and quantitative analysis as part of the design process
• Develop and maintain relevant project and design documentation such as detailed designs, technical configuration documents and build guides
• Work with the data platform team to consume and implement recommended practices to ensure compliance of data and information management standards
• Be able to apply judgement and critical thinking skills to problem solve
• Have demonstrated government sector experience, including working in small teams
Previous experience with Power BI and Microsoft stack technologies, specifically Azure cloud capabilities is required. Experience in working within an Agile team is highly desirable. Relevant qualifications and demonstrated experience in statistics, data analysis, or related fields would be highly regarded, including the ability to communicate statistical concepts to generalist audiences.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Extensive experience using Microsoft Power BI and Microsoft stack tools to build dashboards and reports
• Experience in analysing, designing and building datasets and data models
• Proven ability to engage and work with a diverse range of stakeholders including working collaboratively as part of an agile, multidisciplinary team
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with Microsoft stack technologies, specifically SQL server and Azure cloud tools
• Experience in developing and maintaining relevant documentation such as detailed designs, technical configuration documents and build guides
• Experience with Agile, PM2 or Prince2 methodologies
• Experience with statistical analysis and statistical concepts
Contract Term: 12 months with 2 x a 12 month extension options.
Security Requirements: Must be an Australian Citizen. Due to the work environment, our client has requested that all candidates must hold a current Baseline Security Clearance.
How to Apply: Applications close Monday, 7 December 2020
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.