IT Database Administrator (SQL Server and other Midrange Database tools).
|Job Title:||IT Database Administrator (SQL Server and other Midrange Database tools).|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||December 07, 2020 16:32|
Description: Midrange DBA manages all database needs of the Midrange environments. The Midrange DBA team in Infrastructure Services looks after midrange databases, mostly on Microsoft SQL server environment in the departments both on-Premises and on-Cloud Vendors. The team provides database design support, approval and assurance of database changes, database development and deployment support, on-going maintenance, incident support, capacity management, automate SQL Server build and configuration, and maintenance IT Database Standards, assess new SQL Server features and improve internal day -to-day support processes. The team keeps track of the changing database requirements and advise on the best practices of using existing environments and provides future directions on architecture and infrastructure. The Midrange DBA team is looking at expanding other Midrange Database platforms e.g., Mongodb, Dynamodb, PaaS, Oracle, midrange DB2, etc. on multiple cloud offering (Azure, AWS) and build the Midrange capability for providing these services.
As the Senior Midrange Database administrator, providing the expert knowledge:
• Build, test, deploy and automate the build and configuration of the database platform • Working very closely with the Cloud Support team to build the Midrange database capability through Cloud offering • Use experience to create, modify and align with industry database platform standards • Monitor and optimise database performance and capacity • Develop and implement access controls to secure databases from unauthorised access and use • Design and build Cloud offering backup solution to align with operational backup, archive and recovery activities and test Disaster Recovery plans and capabilities • Evaluate and report security breaches and database related incidents; analyse their impacts and recommend and apply remedial solutions • Take the initiative to document database structures, objects and processes associated with database administration activities and together with the implementation process • Work collaboratively with technical specialists and business stakeholders in the provision of database administration, building skills through knowledge transfer • Liaise with database vendors and Service Providers on issues relating to database upgrades and on-going operational support • Provide expert advice to technical specialists and business stakeholders and seek their cooperation in the provision of database administration • Communicate, plan and negotiate with database vendors and other Service Providers on any changes and upgrades affecting databases • Experience in test case design, creation, and execution • Well-developed written and oral communication skills • Knowledge and understanding Network Infrastructure • Demonstrated experience in producing and maintaining system documentation
Our Ideal Job Seeker
- Highly experience on Midrange Database platforms e.g., SQL Server, Mongodb, DynamoDB, PaaS offering, Orcale, Midrange DB2, etc.
- Highly experience in power-shell script for the automation build and deploy
- Domain controller, Operation system, Active Directory
- Microsoft products (e.g., SSIS, SSRS, etc.) and tools, clustering, etc.
- Cloud offering services platform
Location and Contract Term:
Canberra Based – 6 Month Contract with 1 x 3 months extension options
Must be an Australian Citizen. Baseline Security Clearance is required
How to Apply:
Applications close 9 December 2020
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Jo Finchett 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's