IT Windows Server Engineer
|Job Title:||IT Windows Server Engineer|
|Start Date:||2020-12-08 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Mohammed Samsam|
|Job Published:||December 09, 2020 10:10|
The Windows Server Engineer will be a part of a small team supporting and working towards delivering an automated, robust and secure environment. You will be working as a productive, diligent and supportive member of a small team with proven ability to develop and maintain productive working relationships and work under pressure to meet deadlines and maintain services.
Our client’s cloud environment is a complex ecosystem which host multiple technologies and platforms including PAAS, Linux and windows systems. The environment is managed with multiple technologies. Note our client does not use SCCM.
Your main goal will be to minimize the amount of unplanned downtime in the Development, Test and Production environments hosted on Windows platforms and to achieve a high level of end user satisfaction. This includes the lead or participation in technical issues, consulting and development of standards in your area of expertise as well as the delivery of support services.
- Have a development experience on the windows platform with strong support skills.
- Support the Windows Server platform (Windows Server 2008R2 onwards) to provide application project teams, BAU and incident support on a variety of Cloud platforms including:
- Complex incident and problem resolution
- System upgrades, patching and installations
- System security
- Design input
- Create advanced automation scripts to perform various administration tasks on the Windows platform.
- Build and maintain Windows SOE’s over multiple cloud providers including hardening the SOE to meet our client’s and ISM standards.
- Participate in managing WSUS as a stand-alone product (i.e. no SCCM) to perform Windows OS patching and reporting.
- Provide advance administration of the Windows operating stack and 3rd party management tools.
- Write operational, architectural and user documentation.
- Assist with the third level support team to provide Windows technology support.
- Provide strategic guidance, leadership to team members including developing, coaching and mentorship of junior or less experienced staff.
- Assess and comment on Architectural and Design documentation as required for new systems proposing to use Windows platforms.
- Work in agile team environment to deploy and troubleshoot infrastructure in Development, Test and Production environments.
- Apply technical skills to design, implement and support workable solutions to meet business requirements.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Extensive hands-on experience in administering and troubleshooting Windows platforms in a large and complex environment.
- Extensive Windows automation scripting experience using:
- PowerShell - essential
- .Net - desirable
- VBS - desirable
- Hands-on experience in developing a Windows SOE including design, build and maintenance as well as OS level hardening.
- Extensive knowledge of using WSUS to:
- Automate patching across a large fleet of Windows servers.
- Provide reporting on the status of the patch cycle.
- Have experience configuring and troubleshooting WSUS post deployment
- Excellent Network troubleshooting skills with native and 3rd party Microsoft toolsets.
- Extensive knowledge of Active Directory to:
- Design, implement and support a complex environment using both Windows and Linux clients
- Manage the AD environment using advanced group policy management.
- Windows roles and features support.
- Understanding of virtualization technologies; experience desirable.
Location: Canberra OR Melbourne
Contract Term: 6 months with 3 x 6 month extension options
Security Requirements: Must be an Australian Citizen.
How to Apply:
Applications close Monday, 14 December 2020
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's