Junior SOC Analyst
|Job Title:||Junior SOC Analyst|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||December 22, 2020 12:24|
A key part of our SOC capability comes from our Junior Analysts, people with a keen eye for detail, analytical thinking, and a willingness to learn the Information security tradecraft. Candidates will come from a background in IT and preferably some experience in a medium/large company. You will be educated on the job how to handle common recurring security, monitoring and other incidents on a SIEMS platform. This is a great entry level role to kick start your career in Cyber Security. This role requires you to participate in a 24x7 work roster, shift loading included.
- Monitoring, Alert Triage, Analysis, and Incident Determination
- Managing incidents through lifecycle on the SIEMS & ITSM platforms
- Working customer tickets to completion independently and within SLA
- Inbound call handling
- Coordinate with Senior Analysts & Customer for High Priority incidents.
- Continual service improvement and assisting in detection development
Skills and Experience Required:
- 2 years enterprise experience in a technical role – cyber security experience highly preferable
- Strong communication skills and ability to engage with customers to understand their requirements
- Tertiary qualifications and or Cyber Security industry certifications
- Experience in Linux, Windows, Splunk, Scripting, TCP/IP, DNS, Packet/Log Analysis will be highly advantageous
- ITIL Foundations experience / certification highly advantageous
Location and Contract Term: Canberra based role. Contract till January 2022.
Security Requirements: Candidates must either hold a valid Australian Security clearance granted and or be Australian nationals who are willing to go through the process of obtaining a security clearance
How to Apply:
Applications close 8 January.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's