|Job Title:||Solution Architect|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||December 22, 2020 16:04|
The Solution Architect is expected to have a strong understanding of ICT architecture in government, and a background in solution architecture in large and complex projects is essential. The Solution Architect is responsible for undertaking technically complex work, under limited direction, utilising expertise in architecture development methods, systems analysis and design. The Solution Architect is responsible for the creation and governance of solution architectures that solve the business problems of the Project and are aligned with the overall architecture of the Program. The overall architecture of the Program defines design standards that solutions should adhere to and each Project has specific Job Statements to be met, Business Problems to be solved and Guardrails that the solution must operate within. This role will work closely with other solution architects across program work packages, program architects, business analysts, procurement specialists, the Digital, Technology and Communications branch, IT Security and vendors to shape and inform the direction of ICT modernisation activities. As such, strong communication and stakeholder engagement and management skills are essential. The Solution Architect will be expected to develop a firm understanding of the holistic business current-state and desired outcomes, working with business Subject Matter Experts (SME) for domain expertise. As such the ability to identify, shape and describe opportunities for technological innovation within the context of business outcomes and business problems will be vital to being successful in this role. The Solution Architect reports to the Program Architect and will be required to integrate with a cross-functional program team.who have an innovative, enjoyable and productive culture.
Skills and Experience Required
- 5+ Years of demonstrated Experience working as a Solutions Architect inside complex and large scale ICT projects/programs
- Expert knowledge and experience in defining solution architecture for both current and future state, including:
o Data Management
o Integration Mapping
- Proven ability to deliver solution architecture that meets business requirements and aligns with organisational constraints.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to translate between business and technical terminology.
- Proven ability to communicate with influence, negotiate outcomes and manage complex stakeholder relationships.
- Sound working knowledge of Enterprise Architecture methodologies (i.e. TOGAF, Zachman)
- Demonstrated personal drive and integrity whilst achieving results within legislative and budget parameters.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in ICT or a related field
- TOGAF 9 Certification.
- Professional IT certifications in one or more architecture domains (business, data, applications and technology).
- Demonstrated knowledge of Commonwealth frameworks, including ICT frameworks.
Location and Contract Term:
Canberra Based – 6 Month Contract with 1 x 12 months extension options
Must be an Australian Citizen. Ability to obtain NV1 Security Clearance is required
How to Apply:
Applications close 17 January 2021
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Jo Finchett or Mo Samsam on 1300 944 936 for any further information