Data Analyst / Statistician
|Job Title:||Data Analyst / Statistician|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||December 23, 2020 18:25|
In particular, the data analyst/statistician will be expected to: • Undertake complex data analysis of survey data collected as part of the Whole-of-Government Digital Review; • Undertake novel analysis of data to support the identification of trends and insights that will be included in the Digital Review’s reports; • Support the department in developing new data collections and surveys using best practice in the design of collection instruments and supporting conceptual frameworks; • Support the department in managing data collections while they are in the field, during data entry/validation and in developing outputs and other tabulations; • Produce high quality written analysis of data collected to support the requirements of the Digital Review; and • Undertake other data related/statistical tasks as required.
Skills and Experience Required
- Highly developed statistical analysis and data reporting skills to support the development of sophisticated statistical products and indepth analyses of diverse datasets - 40%
- Proven expertise in the management of major statistical collections and surveys – in the public and/or private sectors – and comprehensive knowledge of statistical collection methodologies, editing/validation techniques and reporting styles to suit different audiences. (At least 5 years experience as a statistician/data analyst.) - 30%
- Support collection activities with specialist advice on the design and implementation of collection instruments, methods, tools and management in a distributed stakeholder environment - 20%
- Development of high-quality reporting products in PowerBI. - 10%
- Tertiary qualifications in statistics, mathematics, economics or applied data analysis
- Understanding of the Federal Government’s digital and ICT policies and guidelines. Highly developed strategic thinking.
- Communication: Ability to express thoughts clearly and succinctly, both orally and in writing, with colleagues and with those outside the organisation. Ability to make statistical insights accessible and understandable to a wide audience – clear and unambiguous presentations.
- Creativity, Clear Thinking, intuitive and Logical Problem-solving: structured and methodical approach to the identification of patterns and connections between issues/situations that are not obviously related in order to understand complex situations and solve problems. Display sound, logical and structured thinking. Willingness and ability to adopt innovative solutions to challenging tasks.
Canberra Based - 6 Month Contract with 1 x 6 months extension options
Must be an Australian Citizen. Ability to obtain a Baseline Security Clearance is required
How to Apply:
Applications close 8 January 2021
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Mo Samsam or Jo Finchett 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's