Data Scientist Level 5 (TSPV)
|Job Title:||Data Scientist Level 5 (TSPV)|
|Contact Name:||Kate Kornsasi|
|Job Published:||January 05, 2021 17:30|
The program of work has multiple projects which range in size. The successful candidate may be required to work across one or more of these projects.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Demonstrated knowledge in the application and integration of machine learning approaches (desirable).
- Demonstrated knowledge of geospatial analysis (desirable)
- Evaluates the need for analytics, assesses the problems to be solved and what internal or external data sources to use or acquire.
- Specifies and applies appropriate mathematical, statistical, predictive modelling or machine-learning techniques to analyse data, generate insights, create value and support decision-making. Manages reviews of the benefits and value of analytics techniques and tools and recommends improvements.
- Takes technical responsibility across all stages and iterations of software/analytic development. Plans and drives software/analytic construction activities. Adopts and adapts appropriate software/analytic development methods, tools and techniques.
- Contributes to and supports leadership efforts to improve data science processes and techniques.
- Contributes to the development of solution architectures in data analysis and exploitation. Identifies and evaluates alternative architectures and the trade-offs in cost, performance and scalability.
SFIA security level required: The Specified Person will be expected to demonstrate attributes of SFIA Level of Responsibility 5.
Location and Contract Term: The role is based in Canberra. 12-month contract. Extension Options: 2 x 12 months.
Security Requirements: Current Top-Secret Positive Vetting (TSPV) security clearance is strongly preferred, however candidates who have held a TSPV in the previous 12-month period (which has since been downgraded) may be considered.
How to Apply:
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you will need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Applications open until 29 January 2021 or until position is filled.
Call Kate 0447 199 931 for any further information.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's