EL1 Systems Accountant
|Job Title:||EL1 Systems Accountant|
|Contact Name:||Connie TONG|
|Job Published:||January 29, 2021 14:19|
The Finance Business Unit manages all financial functions of the agency and provides strategic advice for management on the agency’s financial resources, supported by development and dissemination of applicable policies and procedures. The section also provides financial services to other agencies as part of the Cultural and Corporate Shared Service Centre managed by the agency.
About the Role:
The successful candidate will be responsible for a range of activities that may include, but are not limited to:
- Systems administration of the financial system (Technology One)
- Managing business processes and interfaces with secondary financial systems such as retail, ticketing, payroll, client relationship manager and the activity-based costing software.
- Providing technical support and advice on accounting, procurement and taxation issues.
- Provide training for users and promote financial literacy across the Museum.
- Managing the client relationship with agencies receiving financial services through shared services arrangements.
- Managing the asset and capital management framework, including related processing functions.
- Undertaking reporting for financial, procurement and other compliance requirements.
- Supporting the finance operational processing team.
- Assisting in process improvements and proactively identifying new initiatives to benefit the Museum.
The successful candidate will have a sound knowledge and understanding of finance and procurement frameworks and principles that apply in a Commonwealth Government agency.
- They will be experienced in systems administration of Technology One – Financials.
- They will be a strategic thinker with high-level analytical and problem-solving skills.
- They will have strong attention to detail and the ability to deliver results and manage high volumes of work with competing priorities and deadlines.
- They will possess strong coordination and organisational skills and demonstrate well-developed influencing and negotiation skills.
The agency expects all employees to display these professional capabilities, as relevant to their position and classification.
Demonstrate leadership in how programs are delivered, striving to create a new benchmark in excellence.
- Collaboration and connection
Work together to create a culture where collaboration across business units is seamless to delivering the shared vision.
- Courage and innovation
Be bold and decisive, embrace challenges and opportunities and actively seek ways to continually improve and streamline our services for the benefit of the whole Museum.
- Agility and resilience
Embrace and respond to change as a normal part of our working environment.
- Respect and integrity
Display respect and integrity when working together, embracing the APS values of being committed to service, accountable, respectful, ethical and impartial.
Application closing date: 12 February 2021
Eligibility/Other Requirements: Applicant must be Australian Citizen. Be able to obtain and maintain a required AGSVA (Baseline) clearance.
How to Apply:
Please submit your application include your resume, contact details of two referees, rate expectation, notice period, and a short summary telling us how your skills, knowledge, experience, and qualifications make you the best person for the job. We will be in touch shortly for suitably skilled candidates.
We may review, short-list for this role prior to the closing date. We encourage the submission of early applications.
Call Connie Tong on 0419 890 865 for any further information.