ICT Network Security Firewall Specialist Level 4 (TSPV)
|Job Title:||ICT Network Security Firewall Specialist Level 4 (TSPV)|
|Contact Name:||Kate Kornsasi|
|Job Published:||January 13, 2021 14:04|
Provide operational support for configuring, maintaining, and remediating firewall devices to ensure continued protection of the networks across a range of security domains. They will work in the Technology Foundations Communications Section within the large complex government department.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Minimum five years’ experience implementing and maintaining security policies for Cisco and/or Juniper firewall devices.
- CISCO and/or Juniper Certifications.
- Exposure to and understanding of OSPF and BGP routing as well as MPLS technologies.
- Proven experience in Unix / Linux system administration.
- Provide first and second-level operational support across the firewall infrastructure in line with ITIL processes, including the management of firewall policies and configurations to support permitted network traffic through firewall devices and troubleshooting network connectivity issues.
- Perform firewall remediation activities including developing design and architecture proposals, reviewing and refining security policies, configuring new devices, and leading change activities. Remediation activities will be coordinated with the Networking section.
- Provide assistance in the support and management of firewall monitoring systems.
SFIA security level required: The Specified Person will be expected to demonstrate attributes of SFIA Level of Responsibility 4.
Location and Contract Term: The role is based in Canberra. 24-month contract.
Security Requirements: Current Top-Secret Positive Vetting (TSPV) security clearance is strongly preferred, however candidates who have held a TSPV in the previous 12-month period (which has since been downgraded) may be considered.
How to Apply:
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you will need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Applications open until 29 January 2021 or until position is filled.
Call Kate 0447 199 931 for any further information.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
ICT Security Specialist (Certifier) level 5 (TSPV)
ICT Security Specialist (Enterprise Architect) level 6 (TSPV)
ICT Security Specialist Cloud Certifier level 5 (TSPV)
ICT Desktop Support Engineer level 4 (TSPV)
ICT System Administrator level 4 (TSPV)