Java EE Developer and DevOps Engineer
|Job Title:||Java EE Developer and DevOps Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Mohammed Samsam|
|Job Published:||January 13, 2021 14:13|
One of our Federal Government clients is looking for a highly experienced Senior Java Developer with DevOps experience to work as part of a team, to maintain, upgrade and extend existing software built on the Java EE framework.
Your responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Collaborating with other software developers to plan, design, develop, test, and deploy enterprise software, in accordance with software development standards.
- Maintaining and upgrading elements of the Java EE hosting environment and the CI/CD pipeline.
- Investigating and recommending new and better tools; solutions; and practices; in support of the software development process.
- In collaboration with other teams, investigating, analysing and resolving technical issues and application problems.
- Participating in peer-review of solution designs and related code
- Developing unit tests and conduct integration testing.
- Providing technical assistance and cross training to other team members.
- Creating technical documentation for design, reference and reporting.
- In-depth technical knowledge of Java frameworks. With demonstrated ability to develop and maintain high quality, secure, robust and scalable enterprise level software solutions using Java and Java EE
- Experience configuring, optimising and upgrading Java EE application servers and java CI/CD pipelines
- Ability to work in a team environment delivering a high level of customer service, with the ability to build strong working relationships and trust with clients, stakeholders and senior management
- Good verbal and in written communication skills. Experience in preparing and maintaining technical documentation, with the ability to convey complex concepts and procedures to colleagues
- A relevant bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience and/or relevant vendor certification may substitute for the formal qualification
- Experience with Maven, Jenkins, GIT, SonarQube, Azure DevOps and PowerShell
- Experience with JBoss EAP and Apache Tomcat; including use of JMS, JPA, JMX and JSF
- Experience with application performance monitoring and performance testing tools (e.g. Rational Performance Tester)
- Experience with MS SQL Server
Contract Term: Until 30 June 2021 with 1 x 12 month extension option.
Security Requirements: Must be an Australian Citizen. Due to the work environment, our client has requested that all candidates must hold a current Baseline Security Clearance.
How to Apply:
Applications close Monday, 25 January 2021
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
DevOps Engineer (IaC AWS)
Software Developer (Python / Java / UX) Level 4 (TSPV)
Senior Java Integration Developers
DevOps / System Integrator – Multiple positions level 4 (TSPV)
$0 - $140 per hour, Benefits: Market rate