SQL Server Database Developer
|Job Title:||SQL Server Database Developer|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||January 20, 2021 09:36|
- Liaising closely with Project teams in the database design for new and existing applications on SQL Server 2016 and SQL Server 2019
- Coding complex stored procedures, triggers and other scripts using T-SQL
- Developing and maintaining SSIS packages
- Database administration of SQL Servers including Performance Tuning, Backup/Recovery and Security
- Providing ongoing support to Project teams and Production applications and users, including being available after hours on occasion
- Database release management, including liaising with the Release Team and Production DBAs
- Participating in reviews of database design, code and documentation
- Completing the analysis, design, construction and testing of assigned functionality within allocated timeframes
- Understanding and promoting a corporate approach to applications development through the development and re-use of components, standards, procedures and guidelines, and
- Providing supervision, mentoring and skills transfer to staff.
Skills and Experience Required
- Microsoft SQL Server 2016/2017/2019, Demonstrated experience in designing databases
- Demonstrated experience in writing complex stored procedures and scripts with Microsoft SQL Server T-SQL, Demonstrated experience in supporting large databases in a production environment. Demonstrated experience in creating and maintaining large databases, partitions, indexes etc. Demonstrated experience in planning and managing database releases
- Demonstrated experience in documenting database design and maintaining data dictionary, Demonstrated ability to effectively use communication and negotiation skills to manage stakeholder relationships in a challenging IT environment
- Experience in agile practices and methodologies
- Experience and understanding of DACPAC deployment with Microsoft TFS
- Previous experience with the Department of Education, Skills and Employment systems environment.
Canberra Based – Contract Start Date ASAP – 30 June 2021 with 2 x 12 months extension options.
Must be an Australian Citizen. A Baseline Security Clearance is required
How to Apply:
Applications close 25 January 2021
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Jo Finchett 1300 944 936 for any further information.