Scientific Computing Software Developer
|Job Title:||Scientific Computing Software Developer|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||January 22, 2021 09:39|
- Design, implement and test scientific computing software in suitable languages such as Python and Fortran, in high performance Linux environments.
- Implement and improve scientific algorithms for data processing and modelling, in collaboration with geoscientists.
- Apply software development best practices including continuous integration/delivery, refactoring, unit-testing, and automation.
- Report to the team lead and support the collaborative team culture, including agile Sprint workflow.
- Prepare and update systems documentation, including user guides and developer manuals
- Assist with the delivery of user-training workshops when required.
- Write, present and publish scientific computing results in appropriate professional forums.
Skills and Experience Required
- Degree and Qualification in software engineering, mathematics and physics or related field of science.
- Demonstrated experience with Python programming languages and packages. And experience with Fortran and C programming languages.
- proven ability to write systems documentation, such as design specifications, installation guides, and user manuals; write and present quality scientific reports and publications in collaboration with team members.
- Extensive experience in numerical analysis software; and in using High-Performance Computing environments, such as Linux clusters.
- Broad experience in modern software engineering best practices and demonstrated proficiency in using relevant productivity tools.
- awareness and experience in emerging technologies in digital science, such as cloud computing and machine learning
- well-developed communication skills, both written and oral
- Experience and mindset in agile work pattern, positive collaborative team culture
Location and Contract Term:
Canberra Based – 16 Month Contract with 2 x 12 months extension options.
Must be an Australian Citizen. Ability to obtain a Baseline Security Clearance is required
How to Apply:
Applications close 11 February 2021
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Jo Finchett 1300 944 936 for any further information.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's