|Job Title:||ETL/BI Developer|
|Start Date:||2021-01-25 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Mohammed Samsam|
|Job Published:||January 25, 2021 12:34|
One of our Federal Government clients is looking for an experienced ETL/BI Developer. This is a technical role where you will need to have a keen interest in data with strong technical proficiency in SQL, Power BI, Excel and ETL Tools. Knowledge of Azure Data Factory or the ability to learn would be an advantage. You should also have experience in data analysis, consolidating data sources, scoping data projects and identifying opportunities for business improvement.
You must be able to critically analyse and link data to program requirements, investigating and challenging ideas when encountered.
Your main focus will be to provide technical expertise to the business team to enable the journey to continue and provide support for the components of the system which have already been built.
You will also be Azure and SQL Server 2019 aware/skilled, as part of a future program of work will include migration of the on premise solution to a new platform in the Azure cloud using Azure Data Factory instead of SSIS. This may be accompanied by an upgrade from SQL Server 2012 to SQL Server 2019.
In this role, as an ETL/BI Developer, you will co-located with the business team. You will need to have a keen interest in data with strong proficiency in technical tools such as SQL (including SSIS), Power BI and Report Builder and experience in data system improvements, data visualisation and reporting. You must have experience in business analysis to be able to critically analyse and link data to program requirements, investigating and challenging ideas when encountered.
Your responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Be able to rapidly get an understanding of the business needs of Venture Capital programs
- Build and support a SQL database to hold Venture Capital reporting and operational data
- Build and support ETL processes to load Excel, MS Access and XML data to the SQL database
- Determine requirements for, and build Power BI and Report Builder reports, for the Venture Capital business area to use for reporting and compliance and for external parties including Executives, the Committee and the general public
- Migrate on premise solution to Azure
- Provide technical documentation to ensure all solutions which are built are supportable
- SQL Server: to build, document and maintain SQL databases
- ETL Tool set: SSIS and SQL Task and ability to build tabular models
- BI Tools: Power BI, Report Builder, Excel
- VSTS for managing source code (Visual Studio Team Services)
- Agile and waterfall methodologies highly regarded
- Systems analysis and testing skills
- Strategic thinking and creative problem solving skills
- Strong team work, collaboration and negotiation skills
- Experience in developing or delivering government policy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Technical Toolset versions
You should have technical experience in the following technology versions:
- SQL Server database versions: Microsoft SQL Server 2012, 2016 and 2019
- SQL Server Data Tool versions (SSIS,SSAS and SSRS): SQL Server Data Tools for Visual Studio 2012 and 2015
- Visual Studio versions: Visual Studio 2015 and 2017
- Power BI desktop, powerbi.com and Report Builder: Current versions
Contract Term: 6 month contract with 3 x 6 month extension options
Security Requirements: Must be an Australian Citizen. Due to the work environment, our client has requested that all candidates must hold a current Baseline Security Clearance.
How to Apply:
Applications close Tuesday, 02 February 2021
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's