IT Test Analyst
|Job Title:||IT Test Analyst|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||February 01, 2021 10:52|
We are seeking an enthusiastic, competent IT Test Analyst to join our Enterprise Solutions and Technology business area.
As an IT Test Analyst in our Enterprise Solutions and Technology business area, you’ll develop standard test documents, test various IT applications such as COTS products and in house developed applications that are internally used within the Department. You will work in a Scrum team, collaborate with our developers, business partners and delivery services with an agile approach.
Effective communication in various styles across different media types is critical to providing detailed technical, professional, and/or policy advice on complex problems to a wide range of business partners in this role.
As a member of the scrum team, you may also mentor and review the work of less experienced team members as well as provide quality assurance on others work. We’re an agile team with between 10 and 15 team members – primarily based within Canberra.
Skills and Experience Required:
-Construct test documentation, responding to client enquiries on test specifications, test scripts and/or test plans
- Actively participate in the development and delivery of test-project objectives
- Support, coach and guide less-experienced staff and actively support team training
- Adhere to all established processes, methodologies and procedures; contribute to the development of new work practices
- Identify data requirements to satisfy test cases and create, manipulate and maintain test data
- Work collaboratively with clients and Department staff on issues and problems that arise and assist in issue resolution to ensure all business requirements are achieved
- Contribute to quality assurance reviews and make recommendations for improvements Maintain effective performance levels and expertise; share knowledge with team members
- Attend daily stand-up sessions and represent QA in release planning, to ensure balanced, low-risk distribution of testing tasks throughout the iteration.
- Keep Agile Team members and reporting manager regularly informed of progress on testing, and of any risk to meeting release timelines or quality standards.
- Work within various multi-disciplined teams, using own experience to contribute towards requirements analysis, development and support processes. Identify and report on technical issues or risks and collaborate on their resolution.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders establishing, maintaining effective, influential networks and represent the Department.
- Encourage and promote quality excellence within the team, ensure that work practices are effective and consistent, and that best practice is identified and shared.
- Adhere to the Departments system development methodologies in all test activities Demonstrate practical experience working in an Agile environment.
Location and Contract Term: Canberra based role. Contract till August 2021 with 2 x 6 month contract extension options pending budget and delegate approval.
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens to apply. Baseline security clearance, or the ability to obtain and maintain is required.
How to Apply:
Applications close 3 February.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
IT Systems Analyst
ICT Test Analyst level 5 (NV1)
IT Service Desk Analyst (up to 4 positions) (NV1)
IT Security Practitioner (SOC Analyst and Incident Response) level 3 (TSPV)
IT Application Architect (NV1)