Project Management Officers
|Job Title:||Project Management Officers|
|Salary:||$50 - $90 per hour|
|Start Date:||2021-01-31 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Mohammed Samsam|
|Job Published:||February 01, 2021 15:41|
One of our Federal Government clients is looking for experienced Project Management Officers to work at the Project Management Office of Information Services Division of the department.
Main duties include, but are not limited to:
- Liaise with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders, including project managers, Divisional line staff, Departmental business areas, and senior executive to ensure positive customer outcomes, including coordinating competing requests and demands, setting priorities and managing the workflow for project initiation, reporting, and customer enquiries;
- Manage more complex or sensitive customer enquiries via telephone, email and written correspondence, including in the context of non-routine circumstances;
- Gather, analyse and report to the team on customer feedback on PMO service level standards obtained from a number of sources to monitor and ensure customer service standards are met by the team;
- Prepare correspondence and reports including emails and letters on routine and more complex matters;
- Monitor the quality of templates, project artefacts, and PMO products and processes and adjust as necessary;
- Oversee project management databases and undertake data quality assurance to ensure accurate reporting;
- Perform research work and analysis on program and project data, including contributing to the preparation of reports on relevant program activities and/or project milestones;
- Process analytical results according to project management framework or methodology, and present data into formats suitable for interpretation, including drafting briefing papers for higher classification levels and senate estimates;
- Co-ordinate the allocation and submission of briefs;
- Reconcile invoices and timesheets for projects and project resources, and initiate investigation where necessary;
- Assist in contract management and administration;
- Represent the team at operational meetings, including internal and external vendors;
- Assist in and support staffing processes; and
- Contribute to the delivery of training programs.
- Experience in process improvement and implementing change;
- Experience in project management would be an advantage;
- Experience with the department’s financial processes, particularly around financial reporting and vendor management, would be highly regarded; and
- Knowledge of or experience working in an Agile delivery framework is not essential but would be highly regarded.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- The ability to engage with stakeholders and build strong working relationships;
- The ability to adopt or adapt to working in multiple electronic systems (financial, reporting, workflow, project);
- The ability to promote a positive workplace culture that ensures the health safety and wellbeing of staff;
- The ability to develop an understanding of different project management methodologies and their application under a PMO would be highly regarded; and
- Service Design skills, or the ability to acquire or adopt Service Design principles and skills would be highly regarded.
Contract Term: 6 months with 2 x 12 month extension options
Security Requirements: Must be an Australian Citizen.
How to Apply:
Applications close Friday, 05 February 2021
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's