APS5 Finance Officer
|Job Title:||APS5 Finance Officer|
|Contact Name:||Connie TONG|
|Job Published:||February 03, 2021 09:38|
About the Role:
You will be part of the Finance team within the Finance and Business Services section. This section is responsible for the management of all financial (including a budget of over $1.2 billion) and business services across the agency.
Although not exhaustive, the duties and responsibilities of this position will require you to:
- Processing and analysing the financial transactions of the Authority including, but not limited to:
- Processing of all accounts payable and receivable transactions
- Processing and maintaining General Ledger transactions
- Preparing and processing of credit card acquittals
- Preparing the monthly Business Activity Statement (BAS) with a sound understanding of GST
- Assisting with end of month processes and reconciliations, payroll, and salary sacrifice arrangements.
- Processing and maintaining the banking and treasury functions of the Authority, including the monitoring of bank transactions and balances, and the calculation and processing of drawdowns.
- Preparing internal financial reports, including monthly performance and activity reports.
- Assisting with the preparation of the Authority’s annual financial statements as directed by the Deputy Chief Finance Officer.
- Providing professional services to help the Agency meet best financial practice standards and the high corporate governance requirements expected of the Agency under the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act (2013).
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of accounting policies and instructions to support the Authority’s operations, including continual improvements of the entity’s financial management processes and procedures.
- Assisting with inventory stock takes.
- Respond to requests from other government agencies and stakeholders.
- Build effective relationships and achieve negotiation outcomes with internal and external stakeholders.
- Contribute to Agency organisational strategy and culture; and
- Assisting the Deputy Chief Finance Officer and Senior Finance Manager in the maintenance of the financial accounting operations to achieve agreed performance standards and goals.
We are looking for great people with a demonstrated record in exercising initiative and judgement in the interpretation of policy and the application of practices and procedures; in providing detailed technical, professional, and/or policy advice in relation to complex problems; in applying strong stakeholder engagement and negotiation skills; and who have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Contract term: 3 months initial contract
Contract extensions: Possibility of extension
Eligibility/Other Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizen. Be able to obtain and maintain a required AGSVA NV1 clearance
Estimated start date: ASAP
Application closing date: COB 12 February 2021
How to Apply:
Please submit your application include your resume, contact details of two referees, rate expectation, notice period, payroll option (PAYG or ABN), and a short summary(optional) telling us how your skills, knowledge, experience, and qualifications make you the best person for the job. We will be in touch shortly for suitably skilled candidates.
We may review, short-list for this role prior to the closing date. We encourage the submission of early applications.
Call Connie Tong on 0419 890 865 for any further information.