|Job Title:||System Administrator|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||February 03, 2021 12:07|
- Conducting routine monitoring and maintenance of servers, system and security logs, and audit record; including ensuring that backups are complete and accurate.
- Supporting the Senior Network Engineer / Senior System Administrator in relation to the provision of 2nd level support for network, hardware, communications, M365, Teams Rooms, Avaya PBX and security issues.
- Utilising the Service Desk system to provide 2nd and 3rd level support in relation to network, communications, Office 365, Teams Rooms, Avaya PBX including the provision of detailed incident reports and technical documentation in relation to the resolution of issues.
- Documenting system solutions.
- Assisting with testing and implementation of network and system enhancements with a commitment to change control; including assisting with the planning and identification of rollback plans for the successful and risk-minimised implementation of system changes.
- providing information in relation to network, Teams Rooms and M365 usage to enable capacity planning and to assist the Tribunals in meeting the ever-increasing demands made of government organisations in relation to security and reporting.
- Project work, as directed.
Skills and Experience Required
- Experience in networking and systems Experience in a Microsoft network environment; Relevant training or qualifications in LAN technologies; Knowledge of servers, active directory and networking communication principles; Experience with Office 365 applications administration Experience with Avaya systems Experience with Teams rooms Understanding of the importance of regular monitoring and maintenance.
- Problem solving and analytical skills Experience in providing a high level of support in relation to PC, M365 and LAN technologies; Understanding when to schedule downtime and maintenance; Understanding the increasing demands made of government departments, particularly in relation to security and reporting; Knowledge of the system development life cycle.
- Communication and liaison skills Ability to document solutions and communicate those solutions to the rest of the Information Technology team; Ability to liaise with service providers and vendors in resolving communication and network issues; Ability to convey technical information to non-technical staff.
- Flexibility and initiative Ability to contribute to project work as directed; Ability to learn new technologies and applications; Ability to prioritise work and manage multiple time demands with limited supervision; Ability to respond to changing work demands and circumstances.
Queensland Based – 6 Month Contract with 3 x 6 Month extension options.
Must be an Australian Citizen. Ability to obtain a Baseline Security Clearance is required
How to Apply:
Applications close 10 February 2021
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Jo Finchett 1300 944 936 for any further information.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
ICT System Administrator level 3 (TSPV)
ICT System Administrator level 4 - Linux technologies (Splunk, Ansible) (TSPV)
Linux system administration Level 4 (TSPV)
ICT Systems Administrator (Storage and Backup) level 3 (TSPV)