Junior Network Security Engineer
|Job Title:||Junior Network Security Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Mohammed Samsam|
|Job Published:||February 03, 2021 17:28|
One of our Private clients is looking for Junior Network Security Engineer to join their operations centre. The team is focused around collaboration and success and you will be a part of a skilled operations team managing dynamic multi-tenanted and dedicated secure gateway environments.
These environments utilise a range of technologies that are underpinned by a framework that ensures security, reliability and agility for our client’s customers. Because of these extensive environments you will have the opportunity to work with a variety of technologies across multiple vendors including Cisco, VMware, Nutanix, Cloud Computing, Checkpoint, F5, McAfee, Juniper, Palo Alto, Splunk, BlueCoat and more.
Your responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Working a 24/7 rotating Shift roster, performing Change Management/Incident Resolution and HA monitoring on Federal Government Secure Internet Gateways.
- Change Management, including the preparation and implementation of Changes on a number of Gateway Devices – Firewalls/Proxies/DNS/Load Balancers.
- Incident Resolution will require you to work with our customers to troubleshoot/diagnose un-intended network traffic issues.
- Monitor and action Health Alerts generated.
- Performing a Service Desk type function, consisting of the allocation and prioritisation of tickets based on SLA. Responding to customer requests.
- One (or more) years’ experience in an IT/Networking or similar role.
- Relevant Industry certifications - Cisco, Checkpoint, Juniper, Palo Alto, Bluecoat, ITIL.
- One or more years’ experience working with Linux, DNS, Firewalls, F5, VMware, Proxies and Email Gateway appliances.
- Experience in monitoring tools such as Nagios or Cacti.
- Previous experience working on Secure Internet Gateway environments
- Ability to obtain a current Australian Government Security clearance (NV1)
Contract Term: 12 months
Security Requirements: Must be an Australian Citizen. A currently Security Clearance (NV1 preferred) would be an advantage.
How to Apply:
Applications close Wednesday, 24 February 2021
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's