|Job Title:||Systems Administrator|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||February 04, 2021 11:52|
We are seeking an experienced system administrator with development experience who will have the primary responsibility of making technical (configuration) changes to the Departments product.
• Actively participate in the development lifecycle, which may include analysis, design, build, test, documentation, implementation and maintenance. Provide advice and undertake complex activities associated with developing and/or supporting computer applications.
• Take the initiative and ownership to undertake problem solving and demonstrate an understanding of change control and release management procedures.
• Apply technical skills to design, implement and support workable solutions to meet project/business requirements.
• Work collaboratively with team members, management, and internal and external stakeholders on a range of activities. Develop and maintain a network with others internally and externally, build relationships with team members, management, and a range of stakeholders.
• Research and develop continuous improvement processes to enhance procedures of current and new work practices. Develop and maintain necessary levels of expertise and take responsibility for sharing knowledge with others and assist them to adapt Lead, change and deal with uncertainty in a positive and flexible manner
• Develop cross-skills to support other applications within the portfolio should the need arise
Skills and Experience Required:
• Experience with configuration of COTS products
• Development experience in .Net stack, MS-SQL, Python and Java
• Identity and Access Management principles and practices
• Troubleshooting and fixing of issues in PROD and non-PROD environments
• Experience analysing large datasets in Excel/Access
• Analysing business requirements to develop capability that meets business outcomes.
• Proven expertise in writing technical documentation
• Ability to work with leadership, the applications team members and business representatives to deliver outcomes.
• Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated with minimal direct management and a demonstrated commitment to meeting deadlines
• knowledge transfer comment – especially given we would want that cross skilling once a PAM resource joins the team.
• Demonstrated ability to work within a cross-skilled team supporting a portfolio of applications. Effectively transfer knowledge to other members of the team
Location and Contract Term: Canberra based role. 12 month contract with 2 x 6 month contract extension options pending budget and delegate approval.
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens to apply for this role. A baseline security clearance is required.
How to Apply:
Applications close 8 February.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Systems Administrator (NV2)
Security Infrastructure Systems Administrator level 3 (TSPV)
Systems Administrator - Linux level 5 (TSPV)
ICT Systems Administrator (Storage and Backup) level 3 (TSPV)