DevOps Engineer (Canberra OR Offsite)
|Job Title:||DevOps Engineer (Canberra OR Offsite)|
|Salary:||$100 - $130 per hour, Benefits: Market rate|
|Start Date:||2021-02-03 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Mohammed Samsam|
|Job Published:||February 04, 2021 17:12|
One of our Federal Government clients is looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer for an initial 12 month contract.
Your responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Implementing, maintaining and improving automated testing and deployment pipelines on AWS for various platforms. This includes CD pipelines for applications enabling users to geospatially search, query and download data from HPC, and applications monitoring and reporting on the performance of services offered
- Implementing Extract Transform and Load (ETL) data workflows across multiple applications and environments
- Contributing and driving a strong DevOps culture with a focus on collaboration
- Supporting, monitoring and continually developing and improving tools, software and services that comprise our client’s operational environments to simplify and enhance data management, provision of data services, and operations within AWS;
- Developing and/or providing input to information support materials such as ‘how to guides’.
- Helping facilitate the continuation and expansion of operations and services; and continuously improve and optimise policies, processes and systems.
- Have a Tertiary qualification in information technology or equivalent industry experience
- An expert in continuous integration and deployment - using technologies such as kubernetes, docker, terraform and airflow
- Excellent at automation scripting using python
- Excellent at data transformations /extract transform and load (ETL)
- Demonstrated ability to work proficiently in a Linux-based environment and in a range of computing platforms including AWS
- Have the ability to work collaboratively and operate effectively in a small team environment that has significant and diverse demands on their time.
- Demonstrate understanding and experience in modern software development practices such as Dev-Ops and Agile.
- Strong understanding of software architecture patterns and team development tools and practices.
Location: Canberra OR Remote
Contract Term: 12 months with possible extension options.
Security Requirements: Must be an Australian Citizen.
How to Apply:
Applications close Thursday, 18 February 2021
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's