Python DevOps Engineer
|Job Title:||Python DevOps Engineer|
|Start Date:||2021-02-09 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||February 10, 2021 17:59|
Seeking a Python DevOps Engineer
Working within the program you will:
- Implement and improve automated testing and deployment pipelines on AWS for Near Real Time production and delivery of satellite data products.
- Contribute code enhancements to Open Data Cube open source software project.
- Work with scientist to implement code and produce test products for evaluation
- Benchmark processes and work to iteratively refine delivery to ensure cost effective use of AWS resources.
- Contribute and drive a strong DevOps culture with a focus on collaboration
- Support, monitor and continually develop and improve tools, software and services that comprise operational environments to simplify and enhance data management, provision of data services, and operations within AWS;
- Develop and/or provide input to information support materials such as ‘how to guides’. Help facilitate the continuation and expansion of operations and services; and continuously improve and optimise policies, processes and systems
Skills and Experience Required
- Have a Tertiary qualification in information technology or equivalent industry experience An expert in continuous integration and deployment - using technologies such as kubernetes, docker, terraform and airflow Understanding of science concepts and ability to interpret complex information -30%
- Demonstrated ability to work proficiently in a Linux-based environment and in a range of computing platforms including AWS - 20%
- Have the ability to work collaboratively and operate effectively in a small team environment that has significant and diverse demands on their time. -20%
- Demonstrate understanding and experience in modern software development practices such as Dev-Ops and Agile. - 20%
- Strong understanding of software architecture patterns and team development tools and practices. - 10%
- Experience using Kubernetes Experience in benchmarking and AWS expenditure optimization Public GitHub contributions
Location and Contract Term:
Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Tasmania, Brisbane or Offsite Based – Contract Until June 30 2021 with Potential contract extension
Must be an Australian Citizen.
How to Apply:
Applications close 24 February 2021
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Jo Finchett 1300 944 936 for any further information.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's