IT Midrange Application Developer
|Job Title:||IT Midrange Application Developer|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||February 18, 2021 11:32|
The Midrange Application Developer will work as part of a team that makes up 1 of 16 Scrum teams within the branch. All scrum teams work independently, under a scaled agile framework within the DWIS branch.
While this team works within the branch, the focus of the team is spear heading the future direction of the branch in regards to process and technology.
This position is a very unique opportunity for someone that has a passion to help drive process improvements across the application lifecycle that can change the way the Department delivers to its clients.
As part of an Scrum team utilizing C# as the language of choice you will be required to work according the Scrum framework to execute against backlog items in a multi discipline team. The general work of the team is using .net frameworks including core, and revolve around creating RESTful API or other types of web services
Skills and Experience Required:
• Need to have an agile mindset where you are welcomed to share your thoughts on how you, your team, branch and Department can continually improve the way we do business.
• Challenge thoughts and ideas, be able to take feedback and give feedback in a respected and trusted way.
• Be drawn on your creative thoughts to improve process and to ensure the quality of our products is built into everything you do.
• Have a very good understanding about agile, CI/CD and testing practices and in a multi discipline team you will be expected to be engaged to work in any or all areas of the SDLC to do what it takes to help the team achieve their sprint commitments.
• Have an open mind and inquisitive in nature to expand your knowledge to help the branch to achieve its strategic goals while understanding the need to sometimes fail to reach success.
• Be required to ensure quality over your own work and the work of the team as a whole.
• Be required to ensure transparency and accuracy in your work where you will use Team Foundation Server to manage your work.
• Have a high level of communication for technical and non-technical stakeholders
• Be an active participate in the team and the scrum rituals
• Have extensive C# background
• Have extensive C# RESTFul API experience
• Have experience in the deployment of API using containers
• Be a self-starter with passion and drive
Location and Contract Term: Canberra based role. Contract till March 2022. 2 x 12 months contract extension options pending budget and delegate approval.
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens. A baseline security clearance or the ability to obtain and maintain is required.
How to Apply:
Applications close 23 February.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's