Data/System Analyst Modellers
|Job Title:||Data/System Analyst Modellers|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||February 19, 2021 12:20|
As a system/data analyst modeller, you will be required to: • Conduct data modelling on existing and emerging transactional and business intelligence data assets to inform data architecture; • Assist in documenting research, data findings and approach activities as part of a wider team; • Analyse and model the vast amounts of data that enter or exit business intelligence systems; • Work as a part of an application delivery team, alongside business analysts, developers and testers to deliver on project-based objectives to drive delivery of outcomes; and • Work under limited direction and be accountable for undertaking planning, analysis, design, development, and delivery activities within tight timeframes.
Skills and Experience Required
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Data/System Analyst Modeller with:
- Strong knowledge of database structure systems, data analytics, and data modelling techniques;
- Demonstrated ability to understand translate business needs into data models supporting long-term solutions;
- Demonstrated ability to validate business data objects for accuracy and completeness.
- Demonstrated analytical skills in:
- Designing data for web services;
- Maintaining conceptual, logical and physical data models along with corresponding metadata; and
- Analysing data-related system integration challenges and subsequent proposal of appropriate solutions.
- Demonstrated experience using SQL coding language to analyse vast amounts of data that enter/exit business intelligence systems or other source data using tools such as SQL Server Management Studio.
- Demonstrated experience modelling data using one or more of the following modelling techniques:
- Entity relationship diagram (ERD);
- Ensemble modelling (e.g. DataVault); and/or
- Star Schema (e.g. Kimball).
- Well-developed team collaboration and communication skills:
- Demonstrated ability to work under limited direction with competing priorities and be accountable for completion of work; and
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and work in a constantly changing environment.
- Please indicate which locations you wish to be consider for a. Canberra Only, b. North Ryde Only or c. Both locations
- Demonstrated ability to work closely and effectively within an Agile multi-disciplinary team
- Demonstrated data engineer experience, including:
- in developing, configuring, validating, and managing Microsoft cloud platforms, Data Factory, SQL Server, Databricks; and
- • in DevOps and/or DataOps.
Sydney or Canberra Based –12 Months contract with 2 x 12 Months extension options.
Must be an Australian Citizen. Ability to obtain baseline clearance
How to Apply:
Applications close 4 March 2021
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Jo Finchett 1300 944 936 for any further information.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's