Interaction Designer (UX/UI+ Data Visualisation Specialist)
|Job Title:||Interaction Designer (UX/UI+ Data Visualisation Specialist)|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||February 22, 2021 16:12|
The ideal candidate will have expertise in working with data – ideally economic, skills, employment or research data - and transforming it into easy-to-understand charts, maps, interactive graphics and tools or features for products for a range of audiences. You’ll also be experienced in developing and applying UX/UI processes and able to provide examples of your work.
Your skills and experience will include an ability to:
• co-ordinate the UX journey and developing appropriate UI for tools or products.
• create compelling data visualisations in numerous formats, including Power BI and Tableau and make them ready for deployment.
• work closely with product owners to understand their requirements and translate these into charts, maps, interactive graphics and tools that are accessible.
• relate and communicate well with a range of people with different skills sets, including technical and communications staff, data scientists, economists, analysts and senior executives.
• be familiar with front and back-end development requirements, including working with technical teams, and scoping and documenting needs for design tools.
• understand agile development, latest best practice and software tool development so you can provide insights on new ways of doing things as the market evolves.
• A minimum of 3 years relevant work experience across data viz, graphic design, ux/ui
• A strong appetite for learning, collaborating and sharing knowledge
• Australian citizen
Skills and Experience Required
- Demonstrated experience in developing high quality data visual interactive products and tools for a range of stakeholders. A good eye for good design and balance.
- Knowledge and understanding of data visualisation best practice al design principles and experience in digital and web design. Power Bi, Click, Tableau Direct experience in these tools would be an advantage as well as familiarity with working with web dev teams and data scientists or researchers.
- Sound understanding of how to apply good user experience principles to design, and produce user interface requirements to support the creation of user-friendly digital products, particularly to support data portals, visualisations, maps and interactive tools .
- Be a highly organised self-starter able to communicate clearly with other team and branch members and document their work. A willingness to work collaboratively with a diverse team and demonstrate a positive, can-do attitude.
- Experience in working with a range of stakeholders in a sometimes high-pressure, fast turnaround environment, whilst continuing constructive relationships with colleagues.
- Well-developed analytical skills and ability to exercise good judgement.
- Preference for someone who has worked with economic, employment or skills data previously or translated complex research data into easy to understand products, interfaces or tools.
Canberra or Sydney Based – ASAP to 30 June 2022 with 2 x 12 Months extension
Must be an Australian Citizen. Ability to obtain baseline clearance
How to Apply:
Applications close 28 Feb 2021
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Jo Finchett 1300 944 936 for any further information.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's