Desktop Support Officer
|Job Title:||Desktop Support Officer|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||February 23, 2021 09:54|
The IT Support Officer is responsible for:
- Providing high quality, responsive, courteous and timely 1st and 2nd level IT support to members and staff
- Test, install and maintain computers, peripherals, videoconferencing, office equipment, software, logs and security systems as required. 3.Service Desk support includes: a. being available to adequately cover Service Desk functions as rostered/required b. monitoring and managing IT incident and service requests through the Service Desk system, telephone, and personal presentation; c. Ensuring issues are documented correctly and resolved in a timely fashion
- Fostering effective and productive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. This may include a. liaising with external service providers in relation to support arrangements, procurement, invoicing and other tasks as required b. communicating technical information to non-technical members and staff
- Maintain and monitor backup procedures, communications, and security systems.
- Undertake project work as directed.
Skills and Experience Required
- Experience in support a. Experience providing 1st level and 2nd IT support in a Microsoft environment. b. Understanding of networking c. Experience installing and trouble-shooting PCs and peripherals d. Problem solving skills
- Customer service e. Strong customer service focus f. Conflict resolution skills g. Understanding of the need to follow up to ensure clients are satisfied and to keep them informed of the progress of any issues logged
- Communication and liaison skills h. Ability to document solutions and communicate solutions to the rest of the Information technology team i. Ability to develop simple instructions for use by clients j. Ability to convey technical information to non-technical staff
- Flexibility and initiative k. Ability to contribute to project work as directed l. Ability to learn new technologies and applications m. Ability to prioritise work and cope with multiple demands n. Ability to respond to changing work demands and circumstances
- Education o. Tertiary qualifications in Information Technology are highly desirable p. and/or Industry related training and qualifications. Microsoft Qualifications are highly desirable
Queensland Based – 6 Month Contract with 6 month blocks out to a maximum of 2 years
Must be an Australian Citizen. Ability to obtain baseline clearance
How to Apply:
Applications close 28 Feb 2021
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Jo Finchett 1300 944 936 for any further information.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's