|Job Title:||Security Operator|
|Contact Name:||Mohammed Samsam|
|Job Published:||February 26, 2021 16:03|
One of our Federal Government clients is looking for a Security Operator to analyse and deliver IT security outcomes as directed by the IT Security Lead.
Your responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Working with our client’s IT Managed Services Provider, other third-party IT service providers and relevant staff, investigate and analyse security vulnerabilities and advisories.
- Daily monitoring and management of our client’s IT security mailboxes
- Conducting in-depth analysis and research to support resolution of security incidents and investigations
- Monitoring, maintaining and enhancement of our client’s IT security monitoring and vulnerability scanning systems
- Investigating and analysing our client’s environment to discover security trends and patterns
- Identifying IT security gaps; evaluating, recommending and implementing improvements
- Providing input into the IT Security Roadmap
- Delivering tasks allocated from the IT Security Roadmap
- Conducting system security reviews, vulnerability analyses and risk assessments using the Information Security Manual (ISM) control framework
- Providing guidance and direction on the security needs of new information, communication and technology solutions and ensuring architectural principles are applied during design to reduce risk.
- Conducting analysis and research to advise on current and future IT security related technologies
- Assisting in the development and updating of our client’s security policies, patterns, guidelines, playbooks and standards
- Monitoring and ensuring compliance with our client’s security policies, patterns, guidelines, playbooks and standards
- Demonstrated experience in the identification, analysis and investigations of IT Security risks within the Australian Government in alignment with the Essential Eight, the ISM and the PSPF
- Demonstrated experience in the field of system administration, network administration and/or software development to identify, analyse and remediate IT security risks
- Demonstrated experience in the configuration and analysis of IT security monitoring and vulnerability scanning systems such as Tenable and Splunk
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Demonstrated ability to identify and communicate IT security risk effectively with staff, management at all levels and external stakeholders.
- Tertiary qualifications in Computer Science, Information Technology or Cyber Security
- Experience with a range of Cloud and On-Premise Technologies
Contract Term: 12 months with 2 x 12 month extension options
Security Requirements: Must be an Australian Citizen. Due to the work environment, our client has requested that all candidates must hold a current NV1 Security Clearance.
How to Apply:
Applications close Wednesday, 10 March 2021
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Systems and Security DevOps Engineer
$0 - $160 per hour
Security Practitioner level 4 (TSPV)
System Security Architect/Practitioner Level 5 (TSPV)
Software Developer x 2 - Cyber Security (NV1)
System Administrator -Cyber Security systems level 5 (NV2/TSPV)