IT Security Lead
|Job Title:||IT Security Lead|
|Contact Name:||Mohammed Samsam|
|Job Published:||February 26, 2021 16:23|
One of our Federal Government clients is looking for an IT Security Lead to provide IT Security leadership and to manage day-to-day IT security outcomes.
Your responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Leading the development and implementation of IT security strategy, framework, policies and guidelines, proactively assessing the client’s current security posture for potential weaknesses and defensive gaps in order to ensure IT Security safety, recommending and overseeing the delivery of improvements.
- Working with the client’s IT Managed Services Provider, other third-party IT service providers and relevant staff, manage the day-to-day security operations to remediate prioritised security vulnerabilities.
- Working with internal providers and external agencies to obtain and ensuring implementation of IT security vulnerabilities, advisories and security risks and manage the delivery
- Providing strategic advice relating to IT security vulnerabilities, advisories and security risks
- Identifying IT security gaps; evaluating, recommending and implementing improvements
- Maintaining and ensuring the delivery of the IT Security Roadmap
- Planning, developing and delivering IT security education, training and awareness programs to improve appreciation and understanding of organisational cyber security
- Conducting system security reviews, vulnerability analyses and risk assessments using the Information Security Manual (ISM) control framework
- Guiding and managing delivery of certification documentation such as system security plans, arrange Penetration tests and security risk assessments
- Providing guidance and direction on the security needs of new information, communication and technology solutions and ensuring architectural principles are applied during design to reduce risk.
- Working with our client’s IT Managed Services Provider, other third-party IT service providers, and using existing IT security monitoring and reporting tools, identify trends and anomalies advise on potential risk and vulnerabilities and actions to proactively address risks.
- Conducting analysis and research to advise on current and future IT security related technologies
- Developing, updating and monitoring compliance with our client’s security policies, patterns, guidelines, playbooks and standards
- Supporting and ensuring that our client’s IT Security environment is maintained.
- Demonstrated experience leading the delivery of IT security outcomes within the Australian Government in alignment with the Essential Eight, the ISM and the PSPF.
- Demonstrated experience in the planning and delivery of IT security education, training and awareness programs to improve AMSA staff information
- Demonstrated experience in the management, configuration and analysis of IT security monitoring and vulnerability scanning systems such as Tenable and Splunk.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated ability to identify and communicate IT security risk effectively with staff, management at all levels and external stakeholders
- Excellent relationships with Security Agencies and Vendors (National and International)
- Tertiary qualifications in Computer Science, Information Technology or Cyber Security
- Experience with a range of Cloud and On-Premise Technologies
Contract Term: 12 months with 2 x 12 month extension options
Security Requirements: Must be an Australian Citizen. Due to the work environment, our client has requested that all candidates must hold a current NV1 Security Clearance.
How to Apply:
Applications close Wednesday, 10 March 2021
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's