IT Project Officer
|Job Title:||IT Project Officer|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||March 01, 2021 12:39|
The Project Officer will be part of the team supporting the Departments Application Developer community through application migration redeployment activity. As Cloud is delivering multiple component projects as part of the larger program of work, knowledge of Cloud services in a large Enterprise will certainly compliment a strong IT background and Project Management skillset.
The role will benefit from building productive working relationships within and between program and project stakeholders. Applying IT project management methodologies, you’ll ensure the execution of project plans, work under pressure to meet deadlines, whilst looking ahead to position the project for success. Other role demands include the production of quality process documentation, effective client engagement and stakeholder engagement.
• Manage specific tasks and support application teams in the completion of project deliverables, which may fit within the broader program; ensure delivery of activities within timeframes and quality requirements.
• The IT Project Officer role will bring specialist skills in support of project teams within the Branch to manage all project compliance commitments for the broader projects.
• Be accountable for managing schedule tasks, working with external providers and setting work area priorities.
• Understand and operate within the Departments project management methodology, provide advice on project intent, deliverables, progress and outcomes.
• Evaluate project outcomes, the broader impacts and implications of IT-project activities and escalate issues accordingly.
Skills and Experience Required:
• Three or more years project management experience in IT with Cloud experience.
• ITIL or ITSM certifications preferred. PMP certifications desirable.
• Thrives in collaborative environment.
• Excellent communications skills, with customers, team and stakeholders.
Location and Contract Term: Canberra based role. Contract till end of March 2022. 1 x 6 month contract extension option pending budget and delegate approval.
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens to apply. A baseline security clearance or the ability to obtain and maintain is required.
How to Apply:
Applications close 3 March.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's