|Job Title:||Content Designer|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||March 03, 2021 16:53|
The Department is seeking an experienced content designer who creates high-quality user focussed content for the web using UX principles and data driven insights.
As a Content Designer, you’ll be a part of a multi-disciplinary team that builds world class government digital services. Through your work you will have the opportunity to improve the user experience for millions of Australian citizens. As part of this team you’ll work to transform the Departments approach to delivering online content and help deliver a Digital Experience Platform.
You’ll need to be able to apply your highly developed UX and content design skills to take complex language and processes and make them simple to understand. A key part of your job will be working across the organisation to make the case for user centred design. While you’ll be responsible for your performance and work ethic, we’re looking for team players – our teams succeed and fail together.
Skills and Experience Required:
• Extensive experience in writing and creating content for the web, with a proven ability to create content that is accessible and usable
• Proven experience in designing and running user testing engagements. Experience using both qualitative and quantitative methods will be required
• Proven experience in using metrics and user feedback to define and improve content
• Ability to map out a user journey and create content that guides them through a process
• Proven experience in managing relationships and co-designing solutions with stakeholders
• Proven ability to apply knowledge of Search Engine Optimisation to create content that performs well in Google search results
• An understanding of industry standard content design methods and tools
• Experience in working with content management systems to create and publish web content
• Creates a positive and collaborative team environment
• Strong presentation/facilitation skills and the ability to articulate and present solutions, ideas and recommendations
• Exceptional communication, organisational and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handling and coordinating multiple pieces of work
• Ability to work collaboratively as part of an Agile team and participate in Agile ceremonies
• Willingness to support the delivery of all work in the Customer Experience Design team, not just content design components.
• Ability to have a growth mindset and skill share with others
*this role will be mainly working from home with some time in the office
Location and Contract Term: Brisbane based role. Contract till end of June 2021. 1 x 3 month contract extension option pending budget and delegate approval.
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens.
How to Apply:
Applications close 9 March.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's