|Job Title:||Procurement Officer|
|Contact Name:||Mohammed Samsam|
|Job Published:||March 09, 2021 13:00|
One of our Federal Government clients is looking for an experienced Procurement Officer who will be required to, with minimal direction and with a high level of initiative, to achieve the required outcomes.
Your responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Monitoring and managing procurement activities including; providing advice and support for basic to complex procurement;
- Assist in the preparation of procurement approval documentation including; Approvals to Approach the Market, Evaluation Outcomes, Approvals to commit funds and enter into Arrangements;
- Strong knowledge in administering tender documentation;
- Present a high level of customer service to internal clients and stakeholders, providing a proactive approach where Agency representatives are engaged and feedback is sought;
- Establish and maintain strong business relationships with external stakeholders and suppliers including effectively managing contract enquiries, issues, disputes, variations, risks and undertaking negotiations with suppliers as required;
- Provide advice and support to the Line Manager, including identifying opportunities to improve procurement outcomes, efficiency and value for money.
- Two years’ experience working within Government Procurement;
- Experience providing oversight of public sector procurement activities;
- Ability to undertake analysis of suppliers, markets, products and service categories to inform procurement planning;
- Provide advice on ‘best fit’ security procurement approaches;
- Assist in the administration of tender evaluation reports for consideration and approval;
- Ability to assist in the oversight of contracts administration activities and monitoring of contract management plans;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written;
- Ability to work effectively as an individual or within a team environment;
- The ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Formal Qualifications in Procurement an advantage.
Contract Term: Until 22 March 2022 with 2 x 12 month extension options.
Security Requirements: Must be an Australian Citizen. Due to the work environment, our client has requested that all candidates must hold a current NV1 Security Clearance.
How to Apply:
Applications close Monday, 15 March 2021
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.