|Job Title:||Financial Analyst|
|Start Date:||2021-03-16 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Maria Fabello|
|Job Published:||March 17, 2021 14:14|
Location: Sydney CBD 2 days p/week + WFH 3 days p/week
Hours per day: 7 Hours per week: 35
Start Date : ASAP
End date: 24 September 2021
Primary purpose of the role
To provide accurate quantitative-based information in relation to financial and operational performance, solvency and on-going sustainability.
To research and analyse relevant economic, social and financial trends to assist the Director, Business Operations, Investment & Governance in making recommendations that will support a robust and sustainable funded Sector.
- Consolidate and analyse financial data (budgets, income statement forecasts etc)
- Prepare financial viability assessment reports to support funding deliberations.
- Assemble and summarise data to structure sophisticated reports on financial status and risks
- Develop financial models and conduct benchmarking using relevant sector-specific analysis
- Research past, future and comparative performance to develop meaningful and accurate forecast models – particularly regarding the impact of significant socio-economic events such as COVID-19 on the financial performance of the funded sector.
- Identify trends and recommend actions to the Director, Business Operations, Investment & Governance based on sound analysis
- Track and determine financial status of funded organizations’ by analysing actual results in comparison with forecasts.
- Work collaboratively with funding bodies in relation to financial analysis of co-funded organisations
- Reconcile data by comparing and correcting data
- Consult across the team to help guide and influence long term and strategic decision making in relation to the financial performance of funded organisations and the sector in general.
- Complex financial analysis on occasion being required at short notice as a result of a media, public or internal government inquiry
- Need to build a high level of trust with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that information collected is accurate and complete
- Receives advice and guidance from the Director, Business Operations, Investment & Governance including seeking guidance on the more complex and difficult issues or matters with broader implications
- Has responsibility to determine own day to day work priorities within the overall agreed work program
- Is required to comply with applicable sector and Department legislation, financial policy, frameworks and procedures financial delegations and professional practice standards
- 3-5 years relevant work experience
- Proficient in spreadsheets, databases, MS Office and financial software applications
- Hands on experience with statistical analysis and statistical packages
- Outstanding presentation, reporting and communication skills
- Proven knowledge of financial forecasting and diagnosis, corporate finance and information analysis
- Relevant tertiary qualification and membership of a recognised professional accounting body such as CPA Australia or Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia highly regarded