|Job Title:||VMware Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Mohammed Samsam|
|Job Published:||April 01, 2021 09:14|
One of our private clients is looking for an experienced VMware Engineer who will be administering and maintaining a significant number of systems for a horizon deployment including a mix of both Windows and Linux Operating systems in a GPU accelerated environment.
Services will include system maintenance, application monitoring, VM template creation and deployment. The ideal candidate will be mission focused, have the ability to work as part of a tight-knit, multi-disciplinary team working closely with the client on a rewarding project.
Your responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Uptime and functionality of vCenter platforms, including daily checks
- Managing multiple 6.7 vCenters with VMware Horizon implementation
- Managing multiple Clusters and profile settings for GPU accelerated VDIs
- Monitoring of VM’s, ESXi servers and clusters for performance, resources, and security compliance
- Troubleshooting VMware stack related issues, resolving VMware related tickets
- Display strong written communication skills for technical documentation and for influential communication as a consultant
- Essential 8 compliance patching
- Datacenter startup and shutdown for VMware stack
- VMWare qualifications/certifications ie VCP, VCAP
- Patching and maintaining vCenter and ESXi Hosts with or without GPUs
- Fundamental experience in Government Secure Environments
- NV1 with the ability to pass additional security assessments
- Experience with CISCO enclosures/blades and rack mount HPE Servers
- Experience in scripting language (shell scripting in VB & Powershell)
- Patching firmware of physical servers and enclosures
- Understanding of E8 and conforming with ISM requirements
- NetApp Storage Appliances and SnapCenter backup systems
- SSL certificate generation and updating
- An understanding of networking, WINTEL, storage and backups
- Ability to update and produce infrastructure documentation
Location: Canberra (no remote option available)
Contract Term: 12 months with possible extension options .
Security Requirements: Must be an Australian Citizen. Due to the work environment, our client has requested that all candidates must hold a current NV1 Security Clearance.
How to Apply:
Applications close Friday, 26 April 2021
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's